Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #71
Guitarlov
Registered Users

Our whole stash was Easy Peasies one size pockets. I had about 30 all together and some extra hemp inserts to slim down my diapers during the day. Bought them all on discountdipes.com super cheap. Whole stash cost about $350 probably!! I've been selling a bunch because my baby is potty trained now. Made about $100 for far.

Advertisement

Guitarlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #72
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much have you spent on cloth diapers?

Way..too...much

Seriously though I think around $1500 but that is for all 3 kids so that is a huge cost savings over disposables...If I hadn't of found the elbee love 7 years ago it would have been about half that
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #73
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Including everything I've bought for CDing since we've been CDing in October 2009 (diapers, wipes, creams, wetbags, liners, fabric for microfleece liners, boosters, diaper sprayer, wool, etc. etc.)...probably around $3,000 (wide estimate), not including CD detergent. That does not include what money I made re-selling things I didn't use, didn't, like, or re-sold etc., and includes a newborn stash as well as CDing three kids over a three year period. We exclusively use cloth diapers and cloth wipes. It also includes me buying most of our stash new, though there were some used items in there.

ETA: I'm on an AIO kick and fitted/cover kick right now and am not really a [true] prefold/flat person. Rarely do I spend more than $20 on a diaper (but I have done it). I do look for sales, use discount codes, etc. and not every much of what I have bought was true retail price.

Last edited by Spunkify; 01-27-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #74
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

I honestly have no idea. It's bad. I have bought, sold, traded, repurchased so many times over the last 6 years I really have no idea if I wasted a huge amount of money or saved a huge amount of money. Right now I am definately saving though - I have a super simple stash and haven't purchased any new ones and will hopefully use them til ds TT, not sure if there are any more babies for us, probably not but if there is one more I will be going super simple again and hopefully somewhere along the line cloth will have saved us some $$$.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #75
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I added up the paper receipts I have on hand and I could have bought a used car with my total. Oy. And that's not even hc purchases and numerous ones from here or ones that friends scored from their accounts.
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #76
missrachelk
Registered Users
seller

I just totaled last night and less stuff ice sold I'm right near 1000. But I need more big girl diapers and hubby decided he prefers AIO to anything else we tried

I tried and don't like prefolds, g diapers and the inserts for grovia - I stuff mine with the previously unused pfs now!

But bg Aio ( sized 3.0) are our current favorite. I think well build up some bg one size and go from there. If I decide to sell off my fitteds I hope to make at least 250 more back ( 15 small/ NB size and 10 bigger size)
missrachelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #77
texascellomom
Registered Users
seller

I ended up spending a lot more than I thought I would, but I have managed to sell off a lot of my out grown diapers and that has helped!
texascellomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #78
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm almost to $1400 spent and DD just turned a year old.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #79
august6
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have rationalized in the last few days that I may need a few S or NB diapers. I just haven't decided how many. My husband was 9 pounds and soooooo chunky. I just can't imagine having to do it for a long time.
august6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #80
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by august6 View Post
I have rationalized in the last few days that I may need a few S or NB diapers. I just haven't decided how many. My husband was 9 pounds and soooooo chunky. I just can't imagine having to do it for a long time.
I was an 8.5 pounder and dh was 6 pounds but born at 34 weeks. We make tiny little 6 pounders. You just never know.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote