Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
monkeybunns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any other hyperemesis mamas?

I'm a hyperemesis survivor x2. I have lost 3 angels and am pregnant again. I was feeling wonderful save a little nausea I could get to go away if I ate something high in protein (though I started my Zofran the day after I found out) but as of yesterday I'm really sick and today has been a beast. I haven't thrown up but I can't eat either and keep running to the bathroom to throw up and can't. Anyways wondering if anyone else was out there like me.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
mamalopez
Registered Users

Re: Any other hyperemesis mamas?

I have never had hyperemesis but I am sorry you have to deal with that. I am lucky in that I just feel nauseious all the time but rarely throw up. I hope you feel better and find something that really helps.
mamalopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me. It gets worse each time. I didn't really throw up much with ds1, but I did a lot with ds2, and already a ton of dry heaving/bile grossness with this one. I'm thankful that I can get enough liquid in so it isn't ever a medical emergency just really hard.

How long does yours last? I'm lucky in that mine goes past the halfway mark so I still have three months of this (but I'll happily endure it for a healthy baby)
Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
sorry mamas, that sounds terrible. I have never experienced it, so I an't begin to imagine, but it just sounds soo terrible
Old 06-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
monkeybunns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mine lasts the whole time-I'm OK at about 18ish weeks I think (got an iv at that point with DS2 because I backed down on my Zofran thinking I had felt well for a couple weeks so why not). If I don't take it the whole pregnancy I puke though. I'm on the max dose right now. I'm eating but really small amounts and have more aversions than things I want to eat . I've had a couple good days since Monday when it really hit strong but I feel really crappy compared to normal. It is worth it for a healthy baby but I still feel awful for my 5 and 2 year old sons because I can't do much with them and I'm super scared for it to get hot as we have no a/c where we live

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...
Old 06-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. :-( *hugs*

My sister is the only person I know who has had HG. She was only 18, didn't have health insurance, and both she and her new husband were clueless (they were also estranged from family). She stayed holed up in her apartment until it got so bad that she became suicidal. Her DH finally put her in the car and took her to our mom's house for help. (They were turned away at the low-income clinic since the nurses claimed it was basic ms). Mom took her to Kaiser hospital and the doctors there said she would have died if they waited another day. She was put on Ondansetron for most of her pregnancy but that only took the edge off for a few hours at a time.

But... she ended up carrying to term and had a healthy baby girl. :-)