Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #31
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O What do you wear in labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
For labor I wore a strapless sundress and then my robe but was naked for delivery. I plan on a similar sundress with pockets this time.
Yup I bought a short sundress from Old Navy for 5 bucks. It had straps, but I cut a slit down the front and added a tie so it was easy to undo when babe was born. Also it was $5 so I didn't care when it was covered in gunk and I let the nurses just cut it off of me once the baby was out. I was too tired to deal with it.

Advertisement

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #32
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first birth I wore the hospital gown and HATEd it!! I felt like a fat cow and it was uncomfortable. So for my second birth I wore a tank top and a stretchy knit jersey knee length skirt. So much better!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #33
birdinhand
Registered Users

I wore the gown with my first "don't question anything" birth. With my second, I was getting twisted up in it and my midwife finally asked, "Do you want to take it off?" I realize yes, I did! But I would have never done that on my own. With my third, I knew I would reach a point where it would come off, and it did . This time around I wiil be at home and my other children will be around, so I am trying to think of something comfy to wear around them until the birth is happening; I think I will get a short nightgown.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #34
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post

This. Exactly. Except my 3rd time is coming soon, I haven't ACTUALLY done it yet, but plan to labor nude.
I wanted to labour the same but with the induced labour and the fact he wasnt coming home I just wore the gown. I was bleeding alot too. I wanted a homebirth though.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #35
GandH'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had 4 hospital births (2 by choice, 2 where it wasn't my plan) The 3 that where natural I labored and gave birth naked I had no shame!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #36
kadesmama
Registered Users
seller

I very light 'sports bra' and hospital gown but that came off at some point and i didn't care, lol. The joy of natural labor
kadesmama is offline   Reply With Quote