Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I don't know where exactly baby is currently except that it's UNCOMFORTABLE!! Ugh! Ive been feeling so STRETCHED yesterday and today!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #22
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 27th - Feb 2nd

Checking in. Hit 30 weeks on Saturday so time keeps flying by. Finally meeting with a Dr. at the practice I switched to tomorrow so hoping all goes well. Still finishing up other projects so I really haven't knit for the newbie yet. Got the 2nd part to the bunk beds so we need to get those set up. Still need to find a dresser or figure out what we are doing for that. Hopefully getting the boys moved in together by the middle of Feb.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #23
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay for baby being head down! My guy is head down, face out (though I am sure that can change easily). Guess thats good in the rare even that I still have a vaginal birth. He is moving like crazy right now!

Heading to my inlaws for a week. They live two hours from my parents (where I am living). They are taking care of my dog and are going out of town for part of the time we are there so I get to babysit my own dog.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #24
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have no idea on babies positio . Lol. I'm sure the dr will feel on thrusday....
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #25
LacyHolly
Registered Users

It sucks...I'm 30 weeks along tomorrow and I am planning to switch doctors, ugh. I have not been impressed with mine at all. We didn't have any appts for months with her because they never scheduled them with us and we had a few ultrasounds in that time...being its our first baby we didn't know if those were replacing appointments with her or what. Then, I took a glucose test like 17 weeks ago and was told everything was fine. Come to find out, I was supposed to have been told that I should have started a diabetic diet!!! Oh, and not to mention that they never got back to me with the results of that...I had to call them A WEEK later to get those incorrect results! Now, I just had another glucose test on Friday and was told they would call me today with the results and of course I heard NOTHING. I'm going to call and find out what the results were tomorrow.

I am also calling a few other doctors who have come highly recommended by others to see if they have space for me! Ugh...
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #26
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly View Post
It sucks...I'm 30 weeks along tomorrow and I am planning to switch doctors, ugh. I have not been impressed with mine at all. We didn't have any appts for months with her because they never scheduled them with us and we had a few ultrasounds in that time...being its our first baby we didn't know if those were replacing appointments with her or what. Then, I took a glucose test like 17 weeks ago and was told everything was fine. Come to find out, I was supposed to have been told that I should have started a diabetic diet!!! Oh, and not to mention that they never got back to me with the results of that...I had to call them A WEEK later to get those incorrect results! Now, I just had another glucose test on Friday and was told they would call me today with the results and of course I heard NOTHING. I'm going to call and find out what the results were tomorrow.

I am also calling a few other doctors who have come highly recommended by others to see if they have space for me! Ugh...
I hope you have good luck. I feel like I am still in the process of switching since I haven't spoke with a Dr. yet, but my appointment is this afternoon. Just make sure you sound urgent enough about switching and I think they rush a little more.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #27
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Okay I need more experienced Mama's thoughts on the diaper front. So for the NB stage I have a rediculous number of prefolds. But only a few fitteds... as I'm doing this on my own I'm going to be looking for help the first little while. I'm really wondering if i should have a few more "easy" diapers for people helping me out. I've got 2 Alva NB, 2 nb sandies, and 4 no fastener fitted I made myself. So 2 very easy, 2 pretty easy, and 2 that with explanation are pretty easy.

I know a trifolded prefold is pretty darn simple to do... but is it really fair of me too expect that of people helping. For the record I expect my imdeiate family to be able to learn that much (okay maybe not my Dad) but friends and more extended family... I'm wondering if i should just get a few more Alvas to be kind to them. (alright and maybe kind to myself at 2am) I mean I dont' want to scare off potential future baby-sitters with "complicated" diapering either.

What do you think?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #28
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

Oh boy! I hope you find a better provider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
Okay I need more experienced Mama's thoughts on the diaper front. So for the NB stage I have a rediculous number of prefolds. But only a few fitteds... as I'm doing this on my own I'm going to be looking for help the first little while. I'm really wondering if i should have a few more "easy" diapers for people helping me out. I've got 2 Alva NB, 2 nb sandies, and 4 no fastener fitted I made myself. So 2 very easy, 2 pretty easy, and 2 that with explanation are pretty easy.

I know a trifolded prefold is pretty darn simple to do... but is it really fair of me too expect that of people helping. For the record I expect my imdeiate family to be able to learn that much (okay maybe not my Dad) but friends and more extended family... I'm wondering if i should just get a few more Alvas to be kind to them. (alright and maybe kind to myself at 2am) I mean I dont' want to scare off potential future baby-sitters with "complicated" diapering either.

What do you think?
You might want more just for your own ease, too. If money is a concern I think you will be covered with what you have (at least I would be). I mean, most babies grow out of the newborn size so quickly that I'd invest more in easy one size or small/med diaps. Thats the thing, though, with cloth diapers... everyone has their own opinion about the way to go. For me, I sold off all my nb prefolds and are entirely using fitteds.

Afm, about to head to my in laws. Better stop at dunkin donuts for my on-the-road donut!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #29
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

What do you think?
I love pfs and found them not as hard as I thought. Easier diapers are nice to have for nights and out and about but other than that they grow out of them rather quickly.

AFM I signed up to email posts to fit pregnancy and I got an email today welcoming into the 3rd trimester

So I am officially on board with everyone else that it is going by super fast.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Checking in. Hit 30 weeks on Saturday so time keeps flying by. Finally meeting with a Dr. at the practice I switched to tomorrow so hoping all goes well. Still finishing up other projects so I really haven't knit for the newbie yet. Got the 2nd part to the bunk beds so we need to get those set up. Still need to find a dresser or figure out what we are doing for that. Hopefully getting the boys moved in together by the middle of Feb.
Hope the meeting with the new Dr goes great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Yay for baby being head down! My guy is head down, face out (though I am sure that can change easily). Guess thats good in the rare even that I still have a vaginal birth. He is moving like crazy right now!

Heading to my inlaws for a week. They live two hours from my parents (where I am living). They are taking care of my dog and are going out of town for part of the time we are there so I get to babysit my own dog.
Have fun dogsitting your dog

Quote:

wow, thats crazy! Sounds like their communication is not good! Hope you can find another Dr that you love

Quote:

What do you think?
Well, honestly, I was a single Mom with DS until we moved in with DH this past summer and got married. I really didn't have a ton of other people changing him. Maybe it's just me/my family, I guess if I'm awake I'd rather just take him and change him and then hand him back over My parents did change him, so they learned about cloth and were totally cool with it, but when he was that little otherwise I did it myself. So *personally* I wouldn't worry too much about other people. I'd also say the more kinds you have the more confusing it can be to others who aren't as invested in it. with DS I had fitteds, pockets, and AIOs, but when my parents watched him I always sent the same type of diaper(BG AIOs).
I ordered 10 THX aio's in NB and OS for my parents and DH. That way I have several incase they're in the wash.

AFM: Late start day again I'm getting spoiled by not having to rush in the mornings, but its nice as I am subbing today for my boss and don't usually work 3 days in a row(rough, I know ). My friend offered me 4 tickets for a hockey game tomorrow night, DH has really wanted to go to one but the tickets are so pricey we haven't. So we're trying to find another couple who can go with us.
I got 2 wraps that I ordered in the mail. One is a grey boba and the other is a cream moby that I'm thinking of dyeing light purple. I like the idea of having a girlie one. I tried practicing putting them on but I need to remember to put it on pretty tight. DH thinks it's funny that I practice.