Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
Originally Posted by PailPowder

I have been hearing they are doing away with that this year b/c they make deposits daily now, not just once a week.
I hope that's the case that would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Tax Refund part 2

We are still waiting on2 w2s. And potentially a 1099. We settled a debt last year and almost $10k was forgiven. I have anticipated having to include that as income, but it was our second mortgage so I don't know if that has to be included as income or not. When we get the rest of the paperwork I will plug everything in.
Kim-married to Dan
Mama to Caiti (17), Rae Rae (4), Dani Lee(2), and CJ, born 10/12/12.
Stuff From Kim's Kloset That Special Moment Photography Also come check out Swagbucks with me!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ours will not be processed until the 31st. I can't wait.
April + Stephen = Eva, Reese, and Baby 3.0 (due Nov '14)
ajbailey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
Dh gets his w2 tomorrow and I got my 1099 yesterday. Can't wait to file!
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

We are still waiting on hubby's w-2. But it ok cause the money going into savings so we can get out of inlaws house.
kayleesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

Still waiting on several forms before we can file. I hate waiting for everyone. Most everyone was on top of things this year. Still awaiting retirement contributions and stocks/div.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am still waiting on a form for a CD from the bank!! Darn bank is taking their time. I got my form for my 401k which made 24 cents so that should not make a dent in my
Emily partner in crime to Martin :: mama to gavin 3/02 and Martin 7/08 Sylvia 3-3-11 Theodore 6/20/13 Expecting a new little bean in June 2014
angel baby 12/25/09
missemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
Banned - User Requested
My Mood:

I'm still waiting on dh's 1099 too. Sigh. But I guess it's good since its living money for 6 months and not blow money. Having it soon wouldn't do anything special for us anyways.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #19
Registered Users

Ours has been accepted...federal has anyways. I'm pretty excited. I think we are going to hopefully find someone to cow share with.
Selling my turbofire workout program $50
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #20
Registered Users
Formerly: tina041077
My Mood:

I am posting something else I found. I am not 100% sure of the reliability of it, but wouldn't that be nice??

I found this hope it helps

I think I may be able to shed some light on this matter for everyone. This only applies to the few filers that have already been acknowledged as “Accepted” from the IRS. A friend of mine actually works for the developer of the new Efile system, and has been working with the IRS as an independent contractor for each of the past 4 tax seasons as they have increased the usage of the MeF system. Every year, they have pulled a few hundred tax returns earlier than the initial processing start date to test the system. This gives them a chance to ensure that the system works correctly and can correct any software issues prior to the mass influx of returns on the real processing date. The reason they do this is because the system can become overloaded and crash, similar to a website server crash, and it did in fact crash last year the first day the IRS officially opened processing- delaying some returns by a week. The fixed the system within a day, and everything went smoothly from then on for the most part. So there’s a brief history of what they do and why. Now, this year, like previous, they have pulled a couple hundred returns a day beginning this week (a week early) to get a run through, because the MeF will be used exclusively for the first time.

According to my friend, if you’ve been accepted you have an 80% chance of the return being processed and refund being issued by the system within 3-5 days. The other 20% that don’t have typically been flagged by the system and the return needs to be manually gone over to check for fraud or typical errors. Those people can expect a 1 to 3 week delay in their processing. This is why the IRS has not released a refund cycle chart this year, and why they delayed the mass processing until Jan. 30, it gives them a buffer. Previously, people took the cycle chart as the be all, end all when the IRS clearly stated it was not a guarantee of deposit or check dates.

Anyway, with that said, If you’ve been accepted this week, there is a strong possibility that you will have your refund by next week, before the IRS has even officially opened tax season. I can tell you as well, that most of the returns that were accepted the first day of testing have already been processed and refunds were issued beginning today. Anyone who was accepted by today (Friday, 1/25), could expect to start seeing their refund issued by Wednesday (1/30) even earlier in some cases. Once again, this only applies to the few filers that have already been acknowledged as “Accepted” from the IRS. So, like the IRS I can’t guarantee when you’ll get your money, but I can tell you that you should feel pretty optimistic (about 80% optimistic) that you’ll be seeing your refund quite earlier than you thought if you’ve already been accepted. The other thing to keep in mind to is that once the IRS has direct deposited your refund to your bank, it’s up to your bank when they make that money available. For example, my bank no matter what, makes every direct deposit to my account paycheck, refund or otherwise available at 8 AM the next business day. They could have received the deposit at 8:01 AM on a Friday and it won’t be available to me until 8:01 AM on Monday. so just make sure to check with your bank on their policies, which they don’t always abide by. My bank claims to release the funds as soon as they receive them; which is a load of crap as I pointed out to you how they make the money available to me.

If you’re getting a direct deposit from a 3rd party because you opted to take out the fee to have your returns done by a tax software or professional (i.e. using Turbo Tax and opting to pay via your refund) add another day or 2 to your wait because the irs will deposit the refund to SBTPG (the bank TT uses) and then SBTPG will deposit the refund minus their fees to your bank. And typically banks hold this money longer because it is not coming from a government agency.

Software Developer, Independent Contractor for IRS MeF systems
3 hours ago Report Abuse
Tina Proud Exto TJ and WOHM to Kaitlyn 10/8/97, Ashleigh 7/10/01, Joey 2/16/05 and Megan 8/16/07
PailPowder is offline   Reply With Quote