Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

This is a thread for mamas who are not trying but not preventing pregnancy to hang out and chat.

Our Lovely Ladies

Mommy2boys2007
s@hmommy
fishingfor5
Ktmelody
ashliemh
angelacez
Rdesonia
boobmommi
Beaners Mom
Sweetmama26
Maddalena
Haleybailey
mamamarisa
MadeofStarStuff
itsajoi
Lisathena
opheliaspins
waterisntsomething
MrsAsh
EmmaGM
Mercy24
Mamatoabunch
FishieKisses
dani_p
kimmiepie
TeachinAuntie
mykzoofamily
foolsgold
beckstar
HeatherM0529
lecialefty
SarasynFox
2boysmama
trying4more
MrsTWhite
s2grace
3boys_mom
momEmac

BFP'S
casersmama
CharmedMama
kanga1622
simplyleah87
justjess
JackieMarieVDV
lynn97
KatieB621
ChelseaGirl7
Lexy
leaner
lilg82882
sweetgrace
brittrblackwell
cormama

Advertisement

Last edited by ashliemh; 01-31-2013 at 06:09 AM.
ashliemh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

Question of the Week: Since we are going to be into February at the end of the week () I thought I would ask and see what you all normally do for Valentines Do you think it is a fun time or just another silly Hallmark Holiday?

Answer: I personally think it is a great excuse to spend sometime with DH Hoping we can go out to dinner this year Our first date was on Feb. 13th because DH didn't want to go out on Valentines...he thought that would be cheesy for a first date

Last edited by ashliemh; 01-27-2013 at 05:56 PM.
ashliemh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
3boys_mom
Registered Users

May I join you lovely ladies?

While we would absolutely love more children, we are not in the best shape financially as we are both currently unemployed. LMP was 12-18, so I 'm still deciding if /when I will test.

Valentine's Day is just a cheesy Hallmark holiday. DH despises the day as that is when his (former) fiancee dumped him....years before me.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliemh View Post
Question of the Week: Since we are going to be into February at the end of the week () I thought I would ask and see what you all normally do for Valentines Do you think it is a fun time or just another silly Hallmark Holiday?

Answer: I personally think it is a great excuse to spend sometime with DH Hoping we can go out to dinner this year Our first date was on Feb. 13th because DH didn't want to go out on Valentines...he thought that would be cheesy for a first date
That's cute! Dh and I talk about this all the time. We met at church and neither of us remembers a first date. Oh well, it must have been a good one!

We do try to go out, usually for lunch. It is easier to find someone to watch the little one instead of all 3 kids. Since we didn't go away for my birthday due to AF showing up uninvited we are hoping to go away for a night. I haven't been away overnight in YEARS!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

Once upon a time my old Valentine's tradition was to hang out, watch cheesy romance movies, and throw popcorn at the TV every time they did something that was totally unrealistic or said something that you'd only hear in movies. It was fun because you'd hear comments like, "Really? You're going to fall for that?" and "But after what he/she did, you'll take him back?" It was so much fun!

Now my boyfriend is kind of the romantic type. He likes to take me out for dinner on our anniversary and for my birthday. He's also big on Valentine's Day, even though we generally haven't had the money or the means to do much. Last year we just stayed home and ordered food. I'm pretty sure he has plans this year, even though he knows I'm totally against Valentine's Day. We don't need one day to show our love for each other and in a lot of ways I think it's some ploy by the card companies, florists, and candy companies to try and get people to spend money at the expense of making those who are single feel bad. Then again, even the singles are getting some love with all the anti-Valentine's parties and events. It's really becoming a big money generating holiday. Still, I think it's cute that he's so big on it.

I also have some fond memories from when I was younger of Valentine's Day. I hated it in school once I hit high school because they did candy-grams and flowers. I pretty much never got any, but I remember the popular kids in school that would always end up with tons. It was when I got home that was special. Some years (when we could afford it) my mom would take us out to eat, usually fast food or pizza or something, nothing special. We'd also get a pair of cute Valentine's Day socks, a stuffed animal, some candies, and a box of chocolates, even when I was in high school. I loved that my mom did that. It really made the holiday something more special than just a day for romance and couples. It's one of the more special and memorable things my mom did when we were kids.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We usually stay home. Sitter on vday and going out to restaurants crowded with 'amateurs' is not romantic really. For years, we would buy crab legs and asparagus and feast at home...then Rowan was born on feb 14, and Lennox two hours later on feb 15...now we will have mini bdays for Valentina's day!

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys_mom View Post
May I join you lovely ladies?

While we would absolutely love more children, we are not in the best shape financially as we are both currently unemployed. LMP was 12-18, so I 'm still deciding if /when I will test.

Valentine's Day is just a cheesy Hallmark holiday. DH despises the day as that is when his (former) fiancee dumped him....years before me.
Welcome mama! I will get you added to the list I can definitely see why your DH doesn't like Valentines Day! I don't think I would like it either if I had that memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
That's cute! Dh and I talk about this all the time. We met at church and neither of us remembers a first date. Oh well, it must have been a good one!

We do try to go out, usually for lunch. It is easier to find someone to watch the little one instead of all 3 kids. Since we didn't go away for my birthday due to AF showing up uninvited we are hoping to go away for a night. I haven't been away overnight in YEARS!
That sounds great! I hope guys are able to get away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasynFox View Post
Once upon a time my old Valentine's tradition was to hang out, watch cheesy romance movies, and throw popcorn at the TV every time they did something that was totally unrealistic or said something that you'd only hear in movies. It was fun because you'd hear comments like, "Really? You're going to fall for that?" and "But after what he/she did, you'll take him back?" It was so much fun!

Now my boyfriend is kind of the romantic type. He likes to take me out for dinner on our anniversary and for my birthday. He's also big on Valentine's Day, even though we generally haven't had the money or the means to do much. Last year we just stayed home and ordered food. I'm pretty sure he has plans this year, even though he knows I'm totally against Valentine's Day. We don't need one day to show our love for each other and in a lot of ways I think it's some ploy by the card companies, florists, and candy companies to try and get people to spend money at the expense of making those who are single feel bad. Then again, even the singles are getting some love with all the anti-Valentine's parties and events. It's really becoming a big money generating holiday. Still, I think it's cute that he's so big on it.

I also have some fond memories from when I was younger of Valentine's Day. I hated it in school once I hit high school because they did candy-grams and flowers. I pretty much never got any, but I remember the popular kids in school that would always end up with tons. It was when I got home that was special. Some years (when we could afford it) my mom would take us out to eat, usually fast food or pizza or something, nothing special. We'd also get a pair of cute Valentine's Day socks, a stuffed animal, some candies, and a box of chocolates, even when I was in high school. I loved that my mom did that. It really made the holiday something more special than just a day for romance and couples. It's one of the more special and memorable things my mom did when we were kids.
Sounds like you have a great mom and a great boyfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post
We usually stay home. Sitter on vday and going out to restaurants crowded with 'amateurs' is not romantic really. For years, we would buy crab legs and asparagus and feast at home...then Rowan was born on feb 14, and Lennox two hours later on feb 15...now we will have mini bdays for Valentina's day!

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum
Now that is a great reason to celebrate on Valentines!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

No V-day plans/celebrations in our home.

Planning to order my first mama cloth today, that should insure a baby next month. I am going back and forth on "This starts our FIFTH cycle NTNP, it's only and matter of time!" and "This is our FIFTH cycle NTNP, might as well give up hoping!"
Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
No V-day plans/celebrations in our home.

Planning to order my first mama cloth today, that should insure a baby next month. I am going back and forth on "This starts our FIFTH cycle NTNP, it's only and matter of time!" and "This is our FIFTH cycle NTNP, might as well give up hoping!"
Hahaha that's me too! Im waiting for some minky to stock but then will order. With ds2 I ordered a moon cup and then two weeks later I got my bfp. So let's hope it works the same for both of us with the mama cloth!
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

We don't usually do anything special for valentines day. Ill get the kids something fun and I usually make pink heart shaped pancakes.

I'm not sure if ntnp is exactly what I'm doing. We ended up dtd last night. That means if I ovulate around day 14. ( don't really keep track just have 28 day cycles). There's a good chance. I'm a bit obsessed with eating right and exercising right now. I'm overweight and woul love to start of pregnant at a lower weight. So if we are I guess I'll just need to keep going for the next two weeks!!