Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

Well SO and I normally go out to dinner for most big holidays. We love going out to eat at restuarants. Last year I don't think we really did anything b/c DS was only a couple weeks old. This year...I have no clue! We could really use a date though. I would love to see a movie...it's been a looong time!

Advertisement

__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
MrsAsh's Avatar
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 3,403
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas View Post
Hahaha that's me too! Im waiting for some minky to stock but then will order. With ds2 I ordered a moon cup and then two weeks later I got my bfp. So let's hope it works the same for both of us with the mama cloth!
Are you ordering from the co-op here too? I ordered 13 total pads, 2 liners, 5 normal, 2 heavy, 2 PP, 2 night time! Trying some of everything to find what I like.
__________________
Married to A & I'm B together we have been blessed with
C, D, E, F, G, H, & I
MrsAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #13
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,600
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
Are you ordering from the co-op here too? I ordered 13 total pads, 2 liners, 5 normal, 2 heavy, 2 PP, 2 night time! Trying some of everything to find what I like.
Yep! Im waiting for her to stock some minky liners. I have some from another wahm on etsy but the leak! Im using them as a backup to my moon cup. If I don't get it in just right I leak a little bit. Annoying to have a liner on that literally bleeds through immediately. And its just a little bit of a leak! So I'm hoping that if I do the minky's and a better known WAHM they won't leak. Im tired of stains on my underwear.

I was going to do pp pads for ds2 but ended up not ordering any. Which actually worked out fine because ds2 was in the NICU for 3 days. And after that intial 3 days I didn't really need heavy pads.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #14
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

I just made a bunch of mama cloth and then I read the thread about how a lot of mamas hate flannel...mine are flannel! I'm nervous about them now. I guess I can always add minky or something later if I'm not into the flannel.
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
MrsAsh's Avatar
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 3,403
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas View Post
Yep! Im waiting for her to stock some minky liners. I have some from another wahm on etsy but the leak! Im using them as a backup to my moon cup. If I don't get it in just right I leak a little bit. Annoying to have a liner on that literally bleeds through immediately. And its just a little bit of a leak! So I'm hoping that if I do the minky's and a better known WAHM they won't leak. Im tired of stains on my underwear.

I was going to do pp pads for ds2 but ended up not ordering any. Which actually worked out fine because ds2 was in the NICU for 3 days. And after that intial 3 days I didn't really need heavy pads.
I wanted the purple minky owls, but I got in a hurry. LOL!
__________________
Married to A & I'm B together we have been blessed with
C, D, E, F, G, H, & I

Last edited by MrsAsh; 01-28-2013 at 08:54 AM.
MrsAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
2boysmama's Avatar
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,923
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
I just made a bunch of mama cloth and then I read the thread about how a lot of mamas hate flannel...mine are flannel! I'm nervous about them now. I guess I can always add minky or something later if I'm not into the flannel.
I've been using mama cloth for years now, probably 3 years, maybe longer. I prefer flannel. Minky or OBV makes me hot and sweaty and I really don't like that! I use those for night but I use the flannel for the rest of the time. The only leaks I've ever had are at night when the pad shifts in my sleep.

I'd love to try a diva cup but I'm too cheap. Maybe someday.
__________________
LesLee wife to Andy 8.2.02 SAHM to Evan 1.13.05 and Ryan 4.4.07 and Colt 4.26.11 and Anderson
on 1/3/14 and unexpectedly expecting due 11/7/15

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #17
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,338
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

I've never tried mama cloth. Maybe someday.

Well, instead of being one of those people that think every symptom is pregnancy because they are hoping for it, I'm getting lots of symptoms and hoping for a BFN. Not sure if I could have implanted early, but I'm 5/6 DPO, and have had cramping the past couple days, have to pee alot (could be a UTI creeping up), and for the first time in over a year, felt nauseous a little this morning.

Both kids are sick, I'm sick, DH is sick, and I can't imagine adding another one to the mix. I think generally it will not be too difficult, but when sickness strikes, ugh. DH is a big baby, kids are of course babies that need love, and I'm running around ragged trying to take care of everyone and myself. I feel like death. So every time I feel cramping (which is still odd/weird for me... even before/during AF), I'm hoping it will be a BFN, because I'm overwhelmed right now. I'll send my baby dust to someone else who wants it, and I'm hoping we all get better soon, I'm exhausted!
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
MeCo7707's Avatar
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,976
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

We don't do vday...two years ago I bought him a gift and he wouldn't accept it.

Well nearly a week late I finally started. Dh applied for retrain and a job transfer, while I don't mind being preggo while he is gone I HATE having babies without him so it is probably good that this month is a dud.
__________________
Stop Stalking Me
MeCo7707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
MeCo7707's Avatar
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,976
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

We don't do vday...two years ago I bought him a gift and he wouldn't accept it.

Well nearly a week late I finally started. Dh applied for retrain and a job transfer, while I don't mind being preggo while he is gone I HATE having babies without him so it is probably good that this month is a dud.
__________________
Stop Stalking Me
MeCo7707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #20
ashliemh's Avatar
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,532
My Mood:
Re: NTNP January 27th- Feebruary 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
No V-day plans/celebrations in our home.

Planning to order my first mama cloth today, that should insure a baby next month. I am going back and forth on "This starts our FIFTH cycle NTNP, it's only and matter of time!" and "This is our FIFTH cycle NTNP, might as well give up hoping!"
Hoping you get your BFP soon mama! And very cool on the mama cloth! I hope it is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas View Post
Hahaha that's me too! Im waiting for some minky to stock but then will order. With ds2 I ordered a moon cup and then two weeks later I got my bfp. So let's hope it works the same for both of us with the mama cloth!
Good luck! Hope you get your BFP soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
We don't usually do anything special for valentines day. Ill get the kids something fun and I usually make pink heart shaped pancakes.

I'm not sure if ntnp is exactly what I'm doing. We ended up dtd last night. That means if I ovulate around day 14. ( don't really keep track just have 28 day cycles). There's a good chance. I'm a bit obsessed with eating right and exercising right now. I'm overweight and woul love to start of pregnant at a lower weight. So if we are I guess I'll just need to keep going for the next two weeks!!
FX mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
Well SO and I normally go out to dinner for most big holidays. We love going out to eat at restuarants. Last year I don't think we really did anything b/c DS was only a couple weeks old. This year...I have no clue! We could really use a date though. I would love to see a movie...it's been a looong time!
I hope you get to go out this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I've never tried mama cloth. Maybe someday.

Well, instead of being one of those people that think every symptom is pregnancy because they are hoping for it, I'm getting lots of symptoms and hoping for a BFN. Not sure if I could have implanted early, but I'm 5/6 DPO, and have had cramping the past couple days, have to pee alot (could be a UTI creeping up), and for the first time in over a year, felt nauseous a little this morning.

Both kids are sick, I'm sick, DH is sick, and I can't imagine adding another one to the mix. I think generally it will not be too difficult, but when sickness strikes, ugh. DH is a big baby, kids are of course babies that need love, and I'm running around ragged trying to take care of everyone and myself. I feel like death. So every time I feel cramping (which is still odd/weird for me... even before/during AF), I'm hoping it will be a BFN, because I'm overwhelmed right now. I'll send my baby dust to someone else who wants it, and I'm hoping we all get better soon, I'm exhausted!
Oh I am so sorry you are all sick! Praying you feel better soon! Keep us updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
We don't do vday...two years ago I bought him a gift and he wouldn't accept it.

Well nearly a week late I finally started. Dh applied for retrain and a job transfer, while I don't mind being preggo while he is gone I HATE having babies without him so it is probably good that this month is a dud.
for AF I hope everything works out for you timing wise!

AFM: We are taking my oldest to see a Cinderella ballet tonight. I am so excited! I can't wait! And then tomorrow I have a hair cut appt and I am getting all my hair chopped off!! So excited! Have a great day everyone!
__________________
Wife to N (5-21-05), Momma to H (9-9-06), G (6-23-09) and L (2-8-12)
Missionary in the beautiful highlands of PNG
ashliemh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.