Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gender Disappointment

I felt the same way with this baby. I have two boys and was hoping for a girl especially since this is my last baby. It's a boy. I will be happy if he is healthy but I can say I am still dissapointed I will never have a daughter:

Advertisement

jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I have 1 dd and then 4 boys in a row and I felt that way when we found out with the last 2. By the time they were born though I couldn't wait to meet them and can't imagine my life without those silly little guys. I so thought I wanted a girl when I was pregnant, but honestly I feel you get whoever is supposed to be part of your family. Congrats on the baby girl, know that in time you will not know how you lived without her.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks to everyone for sharing your feelings. I'm giving myself license to have these feelings and it helps to have a safe place to share them.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymama View Post
Thanks to everyone for sharing your feelings. I'm giving myself license to have these feelings and it helps to have a safe place to share them.
Absolutely!! Despite the gender disappointment we all know we'll love our babies no matter what, and we all know we're grateful for a healthy baby. You are entitled to feel your feelings!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
leyash
Registered Users
seller

It really helps to put things into perspective for me. I have a friend from highschool who is due 4 days after me. I found out I was having a boy the same day that she found out she was having a girl (which is what she wanted). I was pretty jealous, and kind of angry (why couldn't I be having a girl, too?)

Then they found out she has a heart problem.

She's going to need surgery within a week of being born, and two more before she is two.

It really helped to put things in perspective. I would SO much rather have a healthy baby boy, than have a baby girl that has something wrong with her, just for my own selfish "want" for a girl. I don't want a girl that might have a bad quality of life, or worse... not be here.

So yeah, definitely helped me look at things differently.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #16
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Im not preggo but went though this with ds3. i wanted a girl so bad and the hardest part was dd wanted a sister. She still begs for a baby sister and where done. I love ds3 with all my heart but still have a part that longs for a baby girl. your feelings are normal and ok.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
mama. This is most likely our last one and I'm desperately hoping it is a girl. I feel awful admitting it but seeing that all of you wanted one gender is making me feel better. We only have one DS and I had some complications after having him. We weren't sure if we were going to get more kids at all so I'm throng to just remind myself of how thankful I am to be pregnant again, because I am. But I really want a little girl. I lost my mom when I was young and I long for that mother-daughter connection that I don't have. Logically, I know that I may not get it even if I have a daughter, though. We will find out baby's sex in about 6 weeks. Everything is different w/this pregnancy but I still tend to think it's another boy. We will see.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're waiting for boy #4 to make his appearance in March....for me, it wasn't so much a case of gender disappointment (I pretty much planned on another boy) but more a gender non-excitement. It's my fourth kid, another boy.....there's nothing different to get too jazzed about. Which is kind of a sad attitude.

I did really want a girl for many years, but I think I'm at peace with just having boys (this is our last kiddo.) It took me a long time. I finally decided that if I'm going to be an all-boy mom, I'm going to embrace the role and become the neatest all-boy mom you ever met. Kind of the if you can't beat 'em, join 'em mentality.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hugs to all you mamas! I have been in your shoes. When we found out DS #3 was a boy I was heartbroken. Hubby was scheduled to have a vasectomy after he was born. But at the last minute we changed our minds. I decided we were too young to make that decision. At the time there was no room for another baby in our house and financially we couldnt afford it. I was devastated. I love all my boys with all my heart but longed for a daughter. Fastforward 7 years and we decided to have another. We are in a better place financially and we have a bigger house. We are now expecting our little girl. I say all this to say you just never know what will happen in the future. To all of those who say this will be there last please think hard about it before making any permanent decisions. Things change and circumstances change. HUgs to you all because I completely understand.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry I always felt that I would be a little sad if I never had a daughter, now I have DSD and our girl due in a couple months. DH would really like another boy so we'll just see what the future hold for us