Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
waffle makers

Does anyone know of a waffle maker that makes eggo sized waffles? I have a Belgium waffle maker and my mil got me one that made thinner waffles but they were still too wide to go in the toaster. Basically I am looking for a thinner and taster sized waffle like an eggo. Any ideas? We have a baby cakes mini waffle maker that I can cut half the sheet and put it in the toaster, but it takes forever to make waffles with that thing since the actual waffles are so small and its near impossible to make just the waffles verses a rectangle sheet with waffles in it.

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
kanga1622
Registered Users

We have two cheap $10 waffle irons from Walmart that make square waffles but they are perfect for the toaster. I usually make 50-60 at a time and freeze them with parchment paper in between so they don't stick. DS loves them and gets mad when we run out!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 03-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: waffle makers

I'll look. That is exactly what I am looking for. i freeze pancakes and waffles already but the kids are the only ones that will eat them when heated in the microwave. I want some for me too. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
weaverk
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have a huge Belgian waffle maker. We freeze waffles from it too. To get them to crisp up after the microwave, we turn the broiler on and throw them under it. It really only takes a minute and they turn out good enough for my uberpicky dh to eat regularly
Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
Kandii03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: waffle makers

Glad you pposted this...now I got my answer too! My son loves waffles and they arent expensive but they arent cheap and id rather make them homemade! Thanks!
Kandii03 is offline   Reply With Quote