Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
spcops05
Registered Users
seller

Ergo??

I am wanting the ergo bundle of joy system for dd due in a couple weeks.. Any opinions for the newborn stage ??

Advertisement

spcops05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Frogmama
I sell Great Baby Carriers!:)
Formerly: tlfoster15
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Ergo??

I still really prefer the Beco Gemini for newborns. Much less bulky and a nuce snug fit...
Frogmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Zanocz
Registered Users
seller

Love love love my Ergo, but we used the Baby K'tan for the newborn stage. We did have the infant insert for the Ergo, but definitely preferred the k'tan. She just felt more snuggled and it wasn't so bulky. My dd is now 7 months old and we rock the Ergo daily!
Zanocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
Chriscia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I havent done much babywearing, but I have the ergo with infant insert. My DD loves it and it is comfortable for me. I dont think I would like it so much in the summer because she stays so warm bundled up, but for winter it is perfect.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I prefer a stretchy wrap (we have the Sleepywrap which is from Boba) for the newborn stage. My husband likes a structured carrier, but I think we're going with an Infant Kinderpack even though we have the Ergo and insert. It just seems much more comfortable for both baby and babywearer.

If you could only get one carrier, the ergo and infant insert, or a standard Kinderpack or Beco carrier would be te way to go. If you can afford two or more, start with a knit wrap and then a structured carrier.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we used the egro with newborn it worked and the main thing we used at the very newborn stage. Now I have a stretchy wrap and would probably use that more with a newborn next time. We have a heart to heart insert which looks like the ones they have today but they are called something else.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
BlessedMommy4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried the Ergo with the newborn insert with ds2. He never seemed comfortable and I felt awkward and strained. We both are much happier with the Moby wrap. It's less bulky...more freedom to use arms and ds is much more content.

The only thing I liked about the Ergo was the pocket. :/
BlessedMommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
zswife
Registered Users
seller

I love my ergo and it worked great with the insert from the beginning. I was able to nurse dd comfortably and there wasn't much adjusting to do like with my stretchy wrap. DD was big...almost 9 lbs at birth. From what I have read, the wraps are much better for small babies. HTH!
zswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
abeccarelli
Registered Users
seller

I am 5 foot, height matters with Ergo, and I didn't mind the infant insert, but because I am so small it was crazy bulky on me. I felt really top heavy. Plus it was summer, so it was hot. Once DD got good head control I used just the pillow and it was all fine. I think it just depends on each person's unique body. Overall, I liked the infant insert, and it worked great for my sisters to carry her. I would still keep it, you never know when you might use it.

I was never able to feed in the Ergo very well, but I attribute that to my size.
abeccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeccarelli View Post
I am 5 foot, height matters with Ergo, and I didn't mind the infant insert, but because I am so small it was crazy bulky on me. I felt really top heavy. Plus it was summer, so it was hot. Once DD got good head control I used just the pillow and it was all fine. I think it just depends on each person's unique body. Overall, I liked the infant insert, and it worked great for my sisters to carry her. I would still keep it, you never know when you might use it.

I was never able to feed in the Ergo very well, but I attribute that to my size.
I agree! I am the same height and it causes me to feel strained in the hips. I think height is a major factor. I still use it, just for short periods of time when I have to go shopping with all the kids.
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote