Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #111
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack
Why would I want to sully what God has intended to be something special between a husband and wife? Sex and marriage are intended to serve as a picture or symbol of the union between Christ and the church (Ephesians 5:31-32). Sex is not supposed to be “all about me.” it is designed to be a part of the give and take of an relationship. The Bible clearly teaches that our minds are as important to God as our bodies and that we are to keep them both pure . Why would I want to fill my mind with impure thoughts in order to achieve self gratification if I know that God wants us to keep our minds pure ? The issue of a spouse masturbating while thinking of their spouse is a gray area IMO The Bible never blatantly says that the act of masturbation is a sin only that lustful adulterous thoughts are . SO if you masturbate while thinking of your spouse. Idk that would have to be left up to your personal convictions and your spouses . My husband and I choose not to as to not lead our selves into temptation.

I find the mockery of others beliefs here on DS to be quite shameful. You are free to believe how ever you want and so are others there is no need for the condemnation of others beliefs.
When I started masturbating at 7 I didn't even know what sex was. I continued masturbating because it felt good. I never had impure thoughts. I would watch inspector gadget and just do it. Now as a married woman I'm lucky to not feel the need very often but I still don't think about man or sex for that matter. Maybe I'm weird?

Advertisement

Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #112
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2yo DD Touching Lady Parts. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amjohnstone32 View Post
I think comes down to a heart issue. If you feel convicted about masturbating then that's your issue. If you feel convicted about having a glass of alcohol then that's your issue some people can do it some people cannot it just depends on where it takes you in your mind. If you feel that by doing something you're not honoring God and that is your own conviction. We are individuals with different convictions.

Don't judge me because I sin differently then you do.

It's your personal relationship with God. You have to answer to him at the end of the day, not me.
The bolded is something I don't get. Don't your children also have a personal relationship with God? If you're personally not comfy with masturbating, but they are, isn't it up to them and God and really not your business to tell them it's wrong or a sin?
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #113
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
The bolded is something I don't get. Don't your children also have a personal relationship with God? If you're personally not comfy with masturbating, but they are, isn't it up to them and God and really not your business to tell them it's wrong or a sin?
I was thinking this, but didn't see the point in asking.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #114
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well this whole post was about my daughter, she's two. I think at her age the understanding of what is a sin and what is not is not even existent. I think she understands the moral concept of being good or being bad. But at this stage it's not about sexuality, it's about curiosity.

As a parent when my kids get older, I can't tell them to masturbate or not. I can share with them what my beliefs are, and if they choose to be reverent to what I believe, then fine. But I think there comes an age of accountability when God intervenes and convicts them if they're doing something that's dishonoring to Him.

But like I said it's different for everyone. What is a struggle for you might not be a struggle for me. But things like this, alcohol, smoking… These are all gray areas. This is where it comes down to living by the Spirit. And it really depends on where you are in your walk with God.

Take a teenage boy for example. It's natural for him once he hits puberty, to have elevated hormones and be horny. Of course in the midst of all that he's doing whatever feels good. But say that as he gets older he has to look at ****ography in order to be able to get aroused to masturbate. Eventually he's going to come to a point where he's going to know that it's wrong. It's not the action in itself, it's where your mind goes while doing it. The Bible says that a man that even looks upon a woman with lust, Has already committed adultery with her in his heart. So say this boy comes to the knowledge of what God thinks is right and wrong. If masturbation leads him to think about other women, He presumably would stop doing it so he could remain pure for the sake of his relationship with God in the sake of his relationship with his future wife.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #115
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris

I was thinking this, but didn't see the point in asking.
I am saying if it's not stated in the Bible not to do it. Then the rest is left up to your own convictions. We are called to live by spirit and truth.

I.e. The bible=truth and Gods spirit guides us in situational grey areas.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #116
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Hmm, I guess I kind of get it.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #117
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma
^ Hmm, I guess I kind of get it.
This subject is most definitely situational IMO, Not everything is black and white.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #118
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
While they are CHILDREN it is my duty to train them in accordance to the scripture as we are required to by God in Proverbs 22:6 . What they choose to do as adults is between them and God . I will always try to guide my children on to a righteous path to the Lord .
Old 01-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #119
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
While they are CHILDREN it is my duty to train them in accordance to the scripture as we are required to by God in Proverbs 22:6 . What they choose to do as adults is between them and God . I will always try to guide my children on to a righteous path to the Lord .
I thought the Bible said nothing on masturbation, so I don't really see why you'd have to train your kids to not masturbate or that masturbation was a sin.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #120
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well this thread has taken a wide turn from what was presented in the OP- even after the backpeddling edit.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote