Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:09 AM   #71
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: 2yo DD Touching Lady Parts. .

What if your child never gets married? Are they prevented from ever pleasuring themselves?

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #72
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
What if your child never gets married? Are they prevented from ever pleasuring themselves?
I agree. I am Christian and I can't even imagine not ever being able to pleasure myself without being married. It's not like I can just go to the store and shop for a husband!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #73
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby
I understand this completely, I read a book called SexGod by Rob Bell, You talks about how sexuality is not just about your body or your genitals for that matter. It is about connection and intimacy. If a person truly is a godly person then connections outside of something physically sexual can be very sexual within themselves. Take Mother Teresa for example. She is a Nun in Calcutta, surely she has never had sex because she's never been married, but she is a very sexual person! It's all about how we learn to focus those energies. She is a satisfied sexual woman who had learned to channel her sexuality for the greater good.

As for masturbation, I think it's a moral issue. First of all when is the age of accountability when it comes to it? And when does it become something that you are keeping yourself pure from for your potential mate? As a Christian woman, I don't know about you but I know what goes on during masturbation I know where my thoughts go, and I don't think that those things are appropriate when I have a relationship with God. These are personal things that we experience on our journey with God. Parents can guide and direct but there is no way to actually stop an individual from doing something that may or may not harm them in the future. I also believe that it has its place within marriage. But it is also the job of each person involved to make sex a habit and not withhold from one another, masturbation should be kind of like a last resort situation.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #74
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan

I find this sad. Privates are not only for going potty, and they do not have pee on them once you wipe after going potty. Why teach kids that they cannot explore their bodies? Exploratory touching should not be punished at ANY age, as long as appropriate social boundaries, like not doing it in public, are taught.

I didn't see anyone attack you. Your OP post was quite different than your edited post. People who DO teach "ladies don't do that," "we don't touch ourselves," or "private parts are dirty" are doing their kids a great disservice and, in my opinion, harming their kids. Frankly, I applaud the ladies of diaper swappers for trying to tell someone so who appeared to be forcing that attitude on a 2 year old in a polite, frank manner when asked what to do.

Glad you don't do that, and yes, repeat that touching yourself is ok in private each time she does it in public.
I agree with your last part completely I grew up with a mother who severely scolded me to the point of spanking me for exploring myself, I was told how wrong it was, it was a sin , dirty, I would become gay and never have babies,etc. it took years to get over that.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #75
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can not imagine not be able to masturbate especially being a Military spouse plus it is a big stress reliever for me. I also don't fantasize about anyone but DH so I don't see how that is a sin.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #76
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom
I can not imagine not be able to masturbate especially being a Military spouse plus it is a big stress reliever for me. I also don't fantasize about anyone but DH so I don't see how that is a sin.
yup lots of lonely nights....
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #77
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by firststella View Post
This. It is a completely normal stage of child's development. They explore their body and as long as this activity stays in the private time it is ok.
There's a difference between exploring one's body and touching for pleasure. If the kid wants to know what's down there, I'd give them a mirror. But I would discourage masturbation. There's a difference.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #78
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom View Post
Honestly, to each their own. My DH is military. The longest he's been gone is 12-14 weeks, thankfully. But we made it through. And while the dry spells suck, there's something to be said for waiting for each other.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #79
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
But the bible says nothing about masturbation. Your god didn't share thoughts on touching oneself privately.
My very conservative pastor at my very conservative Lutheran church/school, in Religion class one day, taught that it is okay. In what was probably one of the more uncomfortable days of 7th or 8th grade LOL. There is no possible way he would have done so if he didn't think it was Biblically okay, so I would say there's more than one way to interpret that (along with many other topics!).
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #80
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow- I have to say this thread is SHOCKING! What year is it again?

Why not just have marital sex only for when conceiving a baby is desired? After all, pleasure separates you from God- right? Perhaps we shouldn't listen to music or dance either? <----Evil!

Should we wonder why teen pregnancy rates are so high?

I don't want to pick on anyone in particular but this quote has to be one of the funniest and most ironic things I've ever read!
"No amount of science or.human logic can trump what the One who designed us has to say about what is right or wrong or healthy or not for humans. "

With that I think I should change my major to sexual therapy!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote