Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #81
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat

Honestly, to each their own. My DH is military. The longest he's been gone is 12-14 weeks, thankfully. But we made it through. And while the dry spells suck, there's something to be said for waiting for each other.
Count yourself lucky then my DH has been gone up to a year. My issue is with telling children and teens it is wrong based on your belief not theirs especially something that is not physically harmful and is actually healthy.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #82
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
http://bible.org/question/does-bible...sturbation-sin
Edited to add i posted this link to show that the bible does not say anything about masturbation.

Last edited by kattayanna_mom; 01-31-2013 at 04:25 PM.
kattayanna_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #83
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2yo DD Touching Lady Parts. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom View Post
"The problem with masturbation is that it not only can become habit forming and addictive"

Really? For normal healthy well adjusted individuals?
Oh no- it's the "gateway sex"!!! Before you know it if you masturbate you will be a morally depraved sexual pervert who is engaging regularly in orgies!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #84
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So should we also teach our girls that menstrual cycles are shameful and a sign of impending sin since they appear quite a long time before marriage? It isn't a very good design, not that I believe in design, if you make humans mature sexually years before you allow them to actually enjoy the "design."
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
So should we also teach our girls that menstrual cycles are shameful and a sign of impending sin since they appear quite a long time before marriage? It isn't a very good design, not that I believe in design, if you make humans mature sexually years before you allow them to actually enjoy the "design."
Yes and we should teach them they are unclean and have to be quarantined until it is over!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #86
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
Completely normal. I don't teach them no, because IMO it's perfectly natural to want to explore your own body, but I do redirect and make sure it's clear they only do it in their room or during their alone time.
Agree
Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #87
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
"The problem with masturbation is that it not only can become habit forming and addictive"

Really? For normal healthy well adjusted individuals?
Oh no- it's the "gateway sex"!!! Before you know it if you masturbate you will be a morally depraved sexual pervert who is engaging regularly in orgies!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #88
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFriday13th
It's totally normal and I think it's important not to make them feel ashamed about exploring their bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
Honestly, I think it's just a stage. I wouldn't discourage it as long as you're in the privacy of your own home. Teaching her that it's not ladylike to touch her genitals might make her uncomfortable with her body.
Yes! Especially last part. You def don't want to tell her it is not something she should do or not ladylike.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #89
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki

Personally, I don't allow masturbation. I think the pleasure that comes from that is designed to be enjoyed in the marriage arrangement. That does NOT mean that I punish kids for doing it. That would be ridiculous, as they have no idea what sex is yet, and it's totally beyond their grasp to understand such a thing.

But I do redirect and discourage it.
What is wrong with masturbation? Knowing your body and what it needs to be pleasured is important before one enters into marriage.

I would much rather have my girls masturbate and pleasure themselves instead of having teenage sex. My parents were not weird about it and comfortable enough to let us figure out what makes our bodies work. As a teenager I had no desire to have sex with random guys and to wait until I found a guy who I knew I wanted to be with for a very long time. I knew I wanted to have sex with a guy who actually cares about ME and I was willing to wait for that and still be "satisfied" through the raging teenage hormones.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #90
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma
You can't allow or disallow masturbation. They are going to do it if they want to. However, saying that you don't allow it will probably make them feel bad for having those normal sexual feelings and make them feel bad for masturbating.

There are numerous studies showing masturbation is good for health as well as a healthy sex life. It helps people not be ashamed or embarrased about their bodies. It also helps couples talk about what they like and don't like. By telling a child you don't allow masturbation they will grow up uncomfortable with their body and will probably not have the greatest of sex lives. I think that does a disservice to both the person and her partner.

As for children touching themselves. Totally normal and not sexual.
Absolutely! Especially first sentence!