Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #41
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DCF - What to Expect?

Thinking of you, op. I dealt with cps last year and it was a huge blessing for me and my kids. They helped us out of a really bad situation once and for all. I hope they will be able to help you as well.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #42
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just want to chime in that sometimes they DO come out for messy hair and clothes. Our school last year called on me because they felt that the kids shouldn't be coming to school in unironed clothes, and DD1 always pulled her hair out of her clips and ponytails and they found it to be untidy. The school themselves told me they called after I confronted them because the allegations of them going to school untidy basically told me they called. They also called another time last year claiming they were not sent with lunches on a regular basis...when my kids get free lunch and always order from the school. Both times CPS had to come out and do a safety check, both times they found nothing wrong and closed the case. I was told that each of the kids HAD to have a bed, all smoke detectors must be functional and there must be food in the house. They did look at the laundry area as well and check for running water.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #43
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Any updates OP? Been thinking of you this week.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #44
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been thinking of you as well. I hope everything is working out.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #45
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the concern Mamas.

I'm not sure that I like our worker. I mean, realistically, kinda hard to like someone of such position anyway haha. I feel like she is over trained to nit-pick. For example, the baby had been asleep on my lap when she arrived, and I had to put her down for a moment to grab my shoes to let her in. This produced some tears, which subsided as soon as she was picked back up, but my caseworker went on an on about the "tear in her eye", asking me lots of questions. I really felt like she was implying things! This is not the only example.
She really talks down to you as well. I suppose a lot of workers have developed that trait however, given the nature of the more unpleasant aspects of the job.

So, she did notice the pee smell. I explained the circumstances, and all that I have done to try and avoid/remove the issue. My mom and several friends have stated that it is a lot better, but there's probably no way to completely rid it from the carpets at this point. I wish there was a way to have the landlord put wood flooring in :/
She seemed pleased with other things, like the sleeping arrangements, food, etc. She got all pissy about the immunization status however. She of course tried to use the "you know they might DIE" tactic, even after I explained how vaccines injured my oldest.
There are some services she said she can set us up with.

There were several reports filed, most I could tell by who. Some of them just weren't fair, like my toddler going to school with no socks. He has sensory integration issues, socks give him a bad day some days. And "Mother seems to have a lack of concern when the oldest child reacts violently." The people that filed these reports have very little experience with special needs kids obviously. I really feel now like I'm ganged up on in a corner with lots of accusations but no one offering me solutions. I gave up EVERYTHING in my life to take care of these kids, I'm completely stuck opportunity wise and financially because of them, and now I'm being pegged for neglect.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #46
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*hugs* People that make reports that don't have experience are the worst. Ive had several of those calls myself being a mom with 4 special needs kids. My oldest has a history of toileting issues and we've had subs and recess helpers call on us because he had an accident and "only molested kids wet themselves after age 5"...it's hard and stressful but you do the best you can. My oldest still wets the bed, even though a pullup (he's 15) because of his issues and I just explained to them the issues and they understood. My worker was downright mean over the phone and upon first arrival...even said she was sending the police out because I wasn't home during the day (I work) because I must have been avoiding her, but then she was very nice after looking around and said she was closing the case.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #47
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh my, OP. I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time. I would keep reaching out for help but I would mind my words to the caseworker. That being said, I am in a different place than you are financially and I am mistrustful of caseworkers.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #48
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Were you given any steps to do before they can close out the case?

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #49
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
Were you given any steps to do before they can close out the case?
This. Make sure you get your caseplan in writing.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #50
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Op I'm sorry for your situation. However, I have to ask about one thing in your update post. How did vaccines injure your oldest? The autism-vaccine link has been quite thoroughly disproven.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote