Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Looking for a VBAC friendly Midwife/OB in Minnesota

Hi all,

DH and I are thinking about starting to try for baby #2 in the spring here. First baby was a c-section probably due to "FTP" after a bazillion hours of unmedicated back labor.... let's just say, I was done and happy to have a c-section at that point. It WAS my choice. Anyway, afterwards I hated it.. it was hard to sit up, weird pains all the time, the spinal awful, just an awful experience. I don't want that again. My son was 9lbs 10oz born at 41 weeks and at 37 weeks my doctor told me she thought I was going to have a c-section due to "narrow hips".. um.. okay, whatevs. I won't be going back to her.

I checked with the MN chapter ICAN website and there doesn't seem to be much info on VBAC friendly/natural birth friendly doctors. Can anyone direct me to a resource or suggest anyone, preferable in the south metro. I plan to deliver baby #2 again at Ridges in Burnsville. I'd be open to HBAC, but DH says heck no.

I am only open to seeing female OB/Midwife.

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

Re: Looking for a VBAC friendly Midwife/OB in Minnesota

I found a Bradley method instructor to give us a prep session before my vbac, and when I decided to change practices, I asked her for recommendations. She had a TON. I think all you need is someone with knowledge of the natural birthing community -- they'll know where to start (says the woman who had an epidural . . . but I did have my vbac!).
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1212 View Post
I found a Bradley method instructor to give us a prep session before my vbac, and when I decided to change practices, I asked her for recommendations. She had a TON. I think all you need is someone with knowledge of the natural birthing community -- they'll know where to start (says the woman who had an epidural . . . but I did have my vbac!).
no shame in an Epi! I was happy to finally not have that horrible pain anymore!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
Carlycompton
Registered Users

I have a 2.5 yr old and am 28 wks pregant. My first was as stat c-section for low heart rate after 2 hrs of pushing, ugh! I plan to do a VBAC this time. Not sure if you are totally set at Ridges Hospital, but the Midwife Group at HCMC in Minneapolis encourages VBAC's to appropriate cannidates My midwife says they do require a interntal monitor for occasional baby checks and a Hep lock IV, incase of need of meds.
Carlycompton is offline   Reply With Quote