Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
IowaGold
Registered Users
seller

Eating solids and refusing bottles?

DD is 10 months tomorrow. I work full time so she goes to daycare 3 days a week and spends 1 day with my parents. She gets bottles of expressed BM when away from me and straight from the tap the rest of the time. We did BLW and she has been doing well with that for 2-3 months now. She is a GOOD eater! She has been eating a small breakfast (oatmeal +/- eggs usually), a pretty big lunch (lots of veggies, a little fruit, a little meat usually), and a smaller supper (usually what ever we have or more veggies and some meat). She never had any trouble taking her bottles at daycare until a week or two ago, then her consumption dropped off (still eating tons of solids there though). So I added a sippy cup with BM in it. Did OK with that for a couple of days. Then yesterday all she took was one 3 oz bottle in 12 hours! She had nursed twice in the morning before daycare and proceded to nurse 4 times after I got home. My mom has her today and when I talked to her at noon, DD had only taken 1 bottle. On days I'm home, she nurses several times during the day in addition to her solids. Do I need to worry about her not taking bottles or sippy cups at daycare? Should I tell them not to feed her so many solids (she would NOT be happy about this!)? Is this likely just a phase that she will grow out of? Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

IowaGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Eating solids and refusing bottles?

It sounds like she just loves her food! A lot of people have the opposite problem. I think she is just transitioning into being a big kid. It also sounds like she is still getting plenty of bm so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Double check with your ped but I'm sure they will say its normal as long as she's not starving all day!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
IowaGold
Registered Users
seller

She's still having plenty of wet and dirty diapers, so I'm not too concerned, but she's my first and I'm afraid of messing her up!
IowaGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Katledoodle
Registered Users
seller

I've always had issues with the amount of liquid my daughter takes in. For months it stressed me out big time, and I was going a little nuts trying to get her to drink. But everytime I brought it up with the doc, they said that as long as she isn't losing weight, having wet diapers and looks & acts fine (not lethargic) then to not worry about it so much.

If she likes food and you tell them to lessen how much they give her... your baby girl might throw a fit. lol I know it's hard, but you just need to go with the flow.

One reason my daughter stopped drinking so much is because she didn't want milk/formula. She wanted ice water from a sippy. lol
Katledoodle is offline   Reply With Quote