Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #11
lisaaag
Banned at Users Request
seller

My Mood:
So sorry, my biggest two fears would be hit by a car or someone took him. There was actually someone around here a few years back stealing labs. Maybe put an add in the local paper with a reward.
I sure hope you find him soon.

Advertisement

Last edited by lisaaag; 01-30-2013 at 02:23 PM.
lisaaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #12
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Any news?? I really hope you find him soon.

I'm a huge, huge animal lover..ya know, the ones that truly believe an animal is part of the family unit...and you won't get a single flame from me. My dogs have always lived inside and been pampered but two of them (since passed away) absolutely loved running on my parents land. They live on 40 acres and it was like dog heaven in their eyes! I can't imagine why anyone would even begin to fault you. (((Hugs)))

Even here in Germany it's common to run/hike with dogs on trails off leash. Our American Bulldog relishes that time since we live in an apartment.

Please do keep us posted. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #13
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Our dog is missing:(

I would contact every shelter, vet, and rescue organization within 50 miles of you. Some well meaning person could have been driving by and saw him wandering around and assumed he was lost or abandoned. Post to your local craigslist and surrounding craigslist with the dogs picture.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #14
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

No flames from me. Our Australian Shepherd had free roam of our property as well. I hope you find him soon!!

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Make sure you check the local shelters. Neighbors may have been tired of him roaming loose and likely won't admit they turned him into a shelter as a stray. Check shelters out of county too.

I kept horses for 20 yrs and loose dogs were often dealt with it two manners by farm owners. Turned in out of county so the owner was less likely to find them and turn them loose again, or SSS.

I boarded mine so this wasn't an issue I dealt with, but many people I know had to.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #16
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sure hope he makes his way home! You sound a like a great mama to him, and he sounds like he has a wonderful life - I'm not sure how anyone can flame you for this. Keep us updated...

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Aw. No flames at all here!

I grew up rural, and dogs roaming their home property was just normal.

It might make you feel better to know that not everyone who has livestock and sees a stray dog will shoot them. We were taught to yell and chase them away... to make them know they were not welcome there and run them off. The hope was they would go back home and not want to come back. (and most of the time, they did exactly that. We would often see a dog roaming, chase it off, and then never see it again...) We never would have shot a dog that wasn't messing with our cattle... and even then, it had to be a last resort for us - like, dog won't leave, keeps coming back, each time it comes it runs the cows, won't go away when we act aggressively towards it, etc.

I hope you find your doggy soon!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no, hope he comes home!!! We live on a farm and our 2 dogs roam free, we pen them up at night and if we are both gone, but if DH is around working in the barns or field or we're home they get to run around. I don't know anyone near us who has a dog that they keep chained or penned up all the time. Really hope he makes it home!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Awww mama. I hope you are reunited soon. I've been in your shoes with my cats many times growing up, it's an awful feeling I know.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
Antebellum
Banned

My Mood:
Re: UPDATE in OP :) Our dog is missing:(

update in OP
Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote