Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #31
amiecheatham
Registered Users
seller

Re: Beware of Babyland & other "China" eBay nappies

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I couldn't agree more with OP. The quality of WAHM diapers -- and I'm talking reputable, established WAHMs -- is superior. There is just no way the quality of an inexpensive import could compare. I remember when Nubunz were being talked about a lot...supposedly made in the USA. Whether or not they are, the quality was lower than the very similar, possibly "inspiration" pocket, BG 3.0. How else were they going to be as inexpensive as they are?
agree! the biggest issue with these China diapers even if you don't have a moral objection to using them is that the quality control is total crap. This thread is a perfect example of that- some people had a great experience and others were awful. That's what you get- one batch of diaper could be great, the other could be totally different. Not worth the gamble, imo and that's not even factoring in the issues I have with putting something produced in un-regulated factories in Asia on my child's most sensitive areas. No thank you.

Advertisement

amiecheatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #32
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_catch View Post
Since I work in the export business I've learned the diff between American companies that manufacture their goods in China, and Chinese companies trying to sell to the American market via eBay. Fuzzi buns and other American brands that source from China still have to adhere to the US's strict regulations in terms of chemical quality, and undergo testing, as well as quality control standards. THey have to pass customs, etc. The China eBay nappies are sometimes the "same" factories doing "night shift" production with cheaper quality materials. By selling through eBay they don't have to deal with materials testing, quality control, etc since eBay lets anyone sell just anything, right?

Just thought I'd put that out there!
I just tried to "like" this post lol. I have no problem with diapers made on China but I do have a problem with unethical production either patent infringement, customs dodging, or not following other import regulations that are part of the reason why American companies with China made items have to charge more, they are following all the rules. I don't like rule breakers.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
I just tried to "like" this post lol. I have no problem with diapers made on China but I do have a problem with unethical production either patent infringement, customs dodging, or not following other import regulations that are part of the reason why American companies with China made items have to charge more, they are following all the rules. I don't like rule breakers.
Well said.

I wonder what the next "cloth diapering" hot topic is going to be... we were on "cloth safe" detergent for so long... not it's china cheapos/alva re-labeling.. what's next?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #34
bentleysmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for all the info! I almost ordered some of those diapers today!
bentleysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #35
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

I don't think it's fair to lump knock-off diapers and knock-off Ergos in the same category. We KNOW that there are legitimate safety concerns with fake Ergos. We know that the buckles are not up to par. We know that if a buckle breaks with baby in carrier you have the potential for a serious injury or worse.

I have yet to see an ounce of proof that there are any proven safety concerns with Chinese diapers. There are questions about whether or not they have undergone all of the materials testing required by the US government, but no proof that they can harm children. There is speculation that lead could be an issue, but no one has ever proven that there is lead in any of the diapers, and no one has proven that even if there was lead in a diaper, that it could cause harm to a child. There isn't any other evidence of any other harmful chemicals in the diapers either.

It's the same thing with the charcoal bamboo inserts that are popular, there is a little fear mongering about nano particles, but I have researched like crazy and can't find an ounce of evidence that _charcoal_ nano particles cause any problems.

If you prefer to be cautious and stay away from Chinese diapers or charcoal bamboo, more power to you. I am not criticizing that decision. Better safe than sorry is not a bad way to go.

I'm just not buying it myself.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote