Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #61
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Why do people hate cloth?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post
*** if it is long enough for your little one to get in his mouth, you need a shorter one. All 3 of our kids have worn one without a problem bit in 3 sizes.***
My son's is not long, but I just think that if it were to somehow break, there would be one bead that would be loose, and it only takes one...so I just always take it off when he's sleeping or in carseat or away from me.

Advertisement

kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #62
zswife
Registered Users
seller

Most of our friends laughed and joked about how long we would actually use cloth. They are still snarky about it sometimes. I just love how stoked DH is about cloth. He loves to brag about it
zswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 AM   #63
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

People are quite lazy I think, they want the easiest option even if it isn't the best, they convince themselves that their choice is the best. I also think a lot of people worry a lot about what others think and they don't want to do something that's a bit 'different to the normal'.

eta I think in my family and friends there are also quite a few who would really like to see me fail too. They just can't imagine I could make cloth work.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #64
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Funny how people these days are looking for ways to become more and more frugal. My cousin has twins, sahm, she looks for so many ways to save money... super into couponing, they garden, compost, don't eat out much, etc (so they do a lot of "green" stuff as well as find ways to be frugal)... the thought of cloth diapering or breastfeeding was never going to happen.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #65
hlbrown
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife View Post
My mom literally laughed when I told her I was cloth diapering. She told me it would last two weeks. And then, when she saw how easy and different it was from when she did it, she jumped on the bandwagon. She (the most uncrafty person I know) even went to the fabric store to pick out new fabrics for new diapers ON HER OWN.
Same here! Then she started cloth diapering her foster son I gave her half my stash.. and bought more hehe! lol
hlbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #66
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
See that is what I had kind of originally planned because my son is super predictable with his #2s....but cloth contains him better and I quickly tired of disposable blow-outs when travelling with him. I found it's actually the opposite that I would do...or even throw a cover over a sposie when I thought he would poo. Nothing like trying to clean up a blow out beside the road or in an aiplane bathroom to totally make you give up sposies.
lol. I CD because I don't want all those chemicals on my boy. AND side benefit- I can't stand poo, seriously- ended the blowouts!! I always held my breath the car ride to daycare because I KNEW DS would blow out before I could drop him off. hehe. They would change him (I'm supposed to at drop off) I think because they didn't want to see me freak out about how much I couldn't stand disposables (that and they're nice people). My friends don't get cloth diapers at all. at. all. People just don't seem to know (or care) about cloth. Or realize human waste isn't supposed to go in landfills. How many people do you know who scrape their sposies?!? I haven't looked recently... does it still say it on the sposie packaging?

And I old skool cloth diaper. I sold off all my systems. I do now venture to fitteds- but if I want dependable, I do prefolds. That's what my mom used on me. I was allergic to disposables as a baby.

Last edited by c&w's mama; 01-31-2013 at 03:25 PM.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote