Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
mommy22IN
Registered Users
seller
seller

cloth trainers

I'm looking at starting to potty train my son during my Spring Break, so I have time to do research on what type of trainer I want. I was hoping some of you ladies could help me.
Here is what I need:
1) He goes to daycare, so a pull up option is a must and have snaps so if he poops its easy to clean up.

2) Must be easy to change since he will be using them at daycare

3) Some way to include my hemp boosters in them for nap time at daycare.

4) My son is skinny at 24 months... he's 25 pounds and right around 30 inches tall.

Also how many would you recommend buying for daycare? At home he would be in underware. So these would be for going out and daycare.

Advertisement

mommy22IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I make side snapping trainers that ds wore at church and put when first potty training. He wore smalls from 18lbs until now at 26lbs.
Www.mothergoosedesigns.com
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:
Re: cloth trainers

go with the flip trainer. They fit my skinny 3 year old (26lbs) AND my 4.5 year old at 38lbs. They are trim, easy to pull up and down and are a cheaper option in my opinion
SillyEllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
texascellomom
Registered Users
seller

I have heard great things about the Flips trainers plus you can add panels on the side that snap. I am looking into Antsy Pants for my little one in a few months when we potty train.
texascellomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I have heard good things about Flips. My DD2 is almost exactly the same as your kiddo and Grovia fit her well too.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
Janet4
Registered Users
seller

I'm one of the few who didn't have a great experience w/flip trainers. Somehow, my dd peed out of them every time I tried them. If you need something like a disposable pull-up, I liked sized simplexes. They have stretchy sides that allow you to pull up or down (esp if you fasten them looser than a diaper). They are a diaper so they are fully absorbent (no messes on the floor). I discovered that my flip trainer inserts fit perfectly in the large simplex, inside the diaper (sounds like you may need med though?). That being said, I found that anything even mostly waterproof was treated as a diaper for a while. In other words it may take longer to potty train.
Janet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love our flips. We have 2 shells and 3 pads, which is not quite enough. It holds my huge 4 year old's pee but wouldnt work for nap or overnight on her.
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

I skipped trainers all together and went straight to panties for the most part. I did let her wear a Sandy's fitted without a cover sometimes, as they fit like panties and are easy to pull up and down. They also have the side snaps. I really didn't want anything waterproof, though, because I wanted her to know "uh oh!" she's all wet. That's just my method, though.
HappiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I recently found bumwear and snap-ez. They are pul outer but fully stuffable. I didn't like the flips, how can you pull up something with front snaps? They come upsnapped!

Grovia ones are fine (they were too small for us when I found them) but take FOREVER to dry, hemp AIO. Antsy Pants are well made but didn't fit my sons rise well. I like snug boutique ones (esty) they are about a 2T size about the same as grovia on the larger setting.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-31-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I prefer the GroVia trainer over flip, where both are good products it is really personal preference. I don't like the idea of an AI2 trainer, i like the inconvenience factor for the child of having to change their wet unders (trainers) DS is 32 inches, 26 pounds and the GroVia are a great fit on him, he is in them right now!!

with DD I tried both, but she had never had diapers with exposed PUL so when the Flip insert shifted around it really bothered her and she would take them off every time. She was about 27 pounds and 35 inches tall when she trained and they fell right off her hips every single time... they just didn't work for us, so I'm going with GroVia for waterproof (so far DS is in the regular side panels and the lower rise and the fit is great, I have a few plus panels if he ever needs them, with DD who was ever so slightly bigger, I needed them for nights when I stuffed the pocket but she was able to wear either size panel during the day.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote