Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thinking about going back to cloth. Need suggestions!

I quit cloth a while back because I was feeling overwhelmed and it was one less thing I had to worry about. Then in October it seemed that DD was PLing and she was almost always in panties. Now it seems that she is poo trained (yay) but 90% of her pees are not on the potty. I started buying easy-ups because I was tired of dealing with wet pants, especially in the car or in public. So here we are now with her wearing them all the time now. She's not into lying down for a diaper change so I was wondering if there was anything cloth that could be pulled on. I have a few ecoposh trainers but they still get her pants wet, they aren't very useful for a full pee.

The catch: she is over 40 pounds, close to 41. Size 4t fits her well, 3t is sometimes snug. She has a huge butt and thighs. The largest size easy-ups barely cover her bum.

Is there anything I could use that fits these criteria? Also I will have to be pretty budget. I'm sure DH won't be happy about me spending more money on cloth after quitting.

Advertisement

Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thinking about going back to cloth. Need suggestions!

anyone? Aren't y'all excited about helping someone get back in cloth?
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry no suggestions. I want to help but my los are teeny tiny so anything I used would not be an accurate rec for you. I would maybe look into flip trainers though
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Sorry no suggestions. I want to help but my los are teeny tiny so anything I used would not be an accurate rec for you. I would maybe look into flip trainers though
Thank you! That's what I was just thinking, since they get pretty large, it seems. She is such a chunk.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaWillow View Post
Thank you! That's what I was just thinking, since they get pretty large, it seems. She is such a chunk.
I way always wanted a chunky baby
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

My 3 year old is in a 5t and we still use trainers at night, although we've had enough dry mornings that I think we may try panties at night soon. She wears Imse Vimse trainers in Junior size, which covers up to 44 lbs. They also have a junior plus size. I'm pretty sure they will hold at least one full pee, if not more. They are pull on, and my only issue with them is if you line dry as recommended, they are very rough. I dry on low and they are much better, but not as squishy soft as my prefolds or other cloth. Hey, maybe a not so comfy trainer will increase her motivation to use the potty
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
AJHartman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd ask a WHAM to make some cloth for you. Not sure which one tho... Sorry I'm no help at all lol
AJHartman is offline   Reply With Quote