Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 AM   #11
katymf
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone elses baby/toddler allergic to amoxicllin?

Well he woke up this morning and it's worse. He hasn't had any for about 24hrs. We havnt given him any benadryl as he doesnt seem to be itching it and he doesnt have a fever. He's still his normal, crazy self but it just looks so horrifying to see him covered in bright red spots from head to toe. Does it get worse before it gets better? I might call his doctor again today a little later just to let them know it's gotten worse.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 05:21 AM   #12
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

My son, myself, my siblings and all their kids are allergic. The rash took over a week to go away for my son Hope your lil one is feeling better!
5lilmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:
My LO had this exactly! He had previously taken amoxicillin for an ear infection and was fine. But he got another ear infection and put on it a second times and that's when things got bad. About 7 days into the treatment I noticed a small red splotch on his back. I thought nothing if it. He went to bed and woke up that with a rash all over his body. It was HORRIBLE. I took him to the ER because the rash was starting to cover his neck and face. They gave him a steroid shot and said to stop the amoxicillin. The next night it got sooooo much worse. We saw our dr and was told that it takes some time and it will get worse before it gets better. It sure did. He was very swollen and very puffy. It was like one huge welt. Benadryl didn't really help the rash but it did help him sleep. The rash was still popping up two weeks later when he would cry or get upset. It finally went away completely after a month. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It was a really hard time for us!!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 01-31-2013, 11:57 PM   #14
imjustjessa
Registered Users

Not to penicillin/amoxicillin, but my son got a full body welt-y red rash after being on antibiotics. It took a day or so for it to clear up, and a few days after that to fully go away.