Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Registered Users
BG elastic worn out after only a year?

We got our Freetimes when they FIRST came out (Nov 2011), and after just a year of use, they started leaking! The elastic just doesn't seem as tight as it used to be. I've had to make the rise smaller AND tighten the snaps (she's 33 in and 22.5 pounds). But I still have pee and poop leaking on clothes, and that NEVER happened before. These were bulletproof for us!

I have a stash of 20 and wash every 2-3 days. I hang to dry with the occasional dryer cycle if I'm short on time. I was using Rockin Green till it was making her break out, and I switched to All F&C. I tried stripping with no change in leak issues.

Is this normal for BG diapers? I totally thought they lasted like... a couple years (at least through one child!) before they started to have elastic issues. I'm so frustrated, and I'm just ready to change to fitteds and covers.

Will I need to replace all the elastic? Should I just change diaper systems? Will this happen to fitteds and covers after a year as well? I do have an email into Cotton Babies to see if this is normal. I'm so discouraged and frustrated.

Mama to Hattie Camille (08/06/11) and Meyer Sullivan (05/13/2013).

How about some Sunshine and Wonder ?

Last edited by reyasunshine; 02-02-2013 at 07:07 PM.
reyasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: BG elastic worn out after only a year?

The elastic in our flips relaxed at about the 1 year mark after being used on 2 children non stop. I have just noticed that their elastic being so gentle, doesn't seem to stay tight as long as others.
SAHM to my 3 little munchkins, married to my , and getting back to a simpler life a little more everyday.
foggierbard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Registered Users

I would wait to see what they say. I have our same stash of BG that we purchased for our oldest. Elastic is relaxed after 5-6 years for sure but they don't leak.
Married to my soulmate Chris since 2004 Mama to big boy D 8/12/06, Big Girl M 3/7/10 and my sweet new boy E 9/10/12!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
Registered Users

Mine are the same. I have the v4 pockets. After a year the elastics are really stretched out. Weird thing is that the ones with Chelsea Perry patterns are far worse than the reg solid colored ones.
I exchanged the elastics on six of them so far, and they turned out so great! You should try it. It's not hard at all.
Saltkatt is offline   Reply With Quote