Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: After 3 months...ready to give up...

Thanks for all the suggestions, advice, and support!

My son is 4months old, and we're on baby Zantac. Some days it's like he doesn't have it at all, and other days it's as if he doesn't hold anything down. I'm hoping that he outgrows it since his other symptoms have basically disappeared, but I know not to hold my breath. =) Cutting out diary from my diet has also helped with his symptoms.

I was very confused by my last leaking diaper episode because I prepped the diapers as directed, and I've used other side snapping diapers before with success (Peachy Green, BB, etc.). I stuffed them with inserts that I had used in other diapers, so I know they absorb just fine.

I know people have suggested Sandys with various covers. I think I can use them at home, but probably not at daycare. So I was hoping to find a system or a diaper that could be used both at home and at daycare...but maybe that is unrealistic?

I wanted to cloth diaper to save money over the long run. A distant alternate reason was avoiding throwing non-biodegradeable things into the landfill. But I was in it primarily to save some money. (Although that is not happening at the this point I have to have a few kids who need diapers for several years...)

I would like to keep what I have right now, but at this point, I think I need to sell off some of it in order to afford to try other things that everyone has suggested.

I guess what is most disheartening for me is that he has no problems with disposables. In fact, he is more mobile and less reflux-y in them. With cloth, I can't sit him on my lap when I read him a book =( Otherwise everyone is in need of an outfit change...sigh...

workingdiaperingmom is offline   Reply With Quote