Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbadger View Post
I have a whole foyer full after today! All set to leave! Repainted my Kitchen and am working on the bathroom reno! Laundry is on list of purging and well as kitchen stuff! Seriously have to get to a place of not having surface clutter before baby comes. With 4 kids and extra activities I'm not going to have time to pick up crap any more!
that's how I feel- I have 4 kids too and I just want things to be peaceful here when the little guy arrives.

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #22
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Grr... Stupid phone

If knowing the gender makes you nest more?

Like I just pulled out the gender neutral clothes, but if this baby is a girl, I'll have to do a ton of laundry afterwards. Or shop if it's a boy.

Anyone team green and very nesty?
Well, I think you may be on to something. I wasn't nesty at all before I found out gender, and now we are getting tons done. I've never felt super nesty, and we usually don't find out gender, so that may be it Of course now I'm not allowed to do very much at all so it's really just frustrating! My Dh tries to understand, but he is lacking the hormones
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Just went through the laundry/storage room of a convertible carseat size box of junk! Squee! I feel so happy right now
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #24
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
In case anyone wants to diagnose my mental state:
We've cleaned out every closet. Donated 4 huge bins of clothing. Cleaned out storage. Loser on balcony and threw away 4 trash bags full of who knows what. Cleaned out kitchen cupboards and reorganized all beans and grains into new storage containers. Cataloged all nb clothes/diapers and donated three full trash bags of those. Purged other cloth diapers and gave a huge trash bag to a newlywed friend.

All that with 7 people in a 1300 square foot apartment.

Even still, my major nesting is with finances and lists of things to do. I've budgeted out finances to the dime until April. I've also made about ten different lists of things to do, buy, buy used, reorganize, cook before baby comes.

I'd say I'm nesting a little.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Repainted (again!) the 2 walls in the babied room! Think we have the right color. And if not I have plenty of paint to do the other 2
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I would love to see a baby room pic! We ended up keeping our wall colors so no painting here.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

It's kinda boring. We had 2 walls with a soft hint of yellow and 2 walls bright baby green. I picked bedding for the new baby that is teal and purple, so we just painted to green walls the same barely yellow
Old 02-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
e.e.peltz
Registered Users
seller

Oh man, I hear you on the nesting - although I have a 16 month old and I work part time from home so I feel like I don't have time to do half of what I want to accomplish before the baby comes. So I've been making lots of to-do lists :-)
e.e.peltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #29
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, we ventured out and bought a dresser today for the baby's room! That took it all out of me and I napped hard when I got home. Not making much more progress, other than washing all of our new cloth wipes (51 of them!) yesterday.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #30
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I was doing good but the last couple days I have gotten nothing done...and my son's birthday party is tomorrow. Plus it snowed like a foot today so I was unmotivated to get anything done out of the house. lol
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote