Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #31
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
After my comment, I purged the kitchen cupboards and laundry room. Meanwhile washed, dried, and put away all nb clothes, blankets, and some bibs for fun. Lol

Advertisement

Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #32
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nesting?

I would love to start going through the clothes and getting them and diapers washed... but DH still hasn't bothered starting on the room we need built downstairs, so Levi's still in our room... and that means honestly no room for anything for Hiccup.
Until he gets his butt in gear for DD's room, my nesting is on hold!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #33
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if it's nesting really, but now I've got it in my head to re- decorate two of the kids' bedrooms. The 4 and 2 year old will need to probably share a room going forward, so I need to buy a new toddler bed and now I think I want that bedroom to be re-painted and sort of re-decorated to tie everything together.

I also really want to get new bedding and artwork for my oldest 2 boys' room.
I hope there is time to do this stuff!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #34
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know if it's nesting, but I am desperate to reorganize the diapers.. so I just bought baskets for the extra inserts and cloth wipes and will be very happy when they arrive so I can get the changing table reorganized for 2 in cloth.

I think it counts as nesting since I could not stop thinking about it for 2 minutes earlier and took the first opportunity to come down and look up baskets online. The shipping time is probably good, I like having something to look forward to. Helps time go by
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #35
creative_catch
Registered Users

We've been nesting like crazy... ergh cleaning. We finally found the key to our file cabinet (lost after a move 2 yrs ago) and found unopened mail from 2007. 6 years ago! Embarrassing, but feeling super accomplished and organized! This is our first little one and suddenly realizing how much we need to do to be "parents" or responsible adults at least!

I still need to pre-wash all the baby stuff, and its all bagged and labelled with a handy map showing whats where for DH and my mom. whew! next task: assembling furniture
creative_catch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #36
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_catch View Post
This is our first little one and suddenly realizing how much we need to do to be "parents" or responsible adults at least!
Eh, babies are pretty forgiving!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #37
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Mentally I'm nesting... i want thing done and done now. Problem is my energy levels are not matching the drive at all. Most days i make it home from work make dinner (if i manage that as i once again have ZERO interest in cooking and food) and pretty much crash completely after that.

I've managed to get a smaller things done around the house... but over all no where near what i want. Only big thing i managed this weekend was I got started on prepping diapers atleast the NB stuff is ready.

Today I'm going to start a serious check list for myself because there really is a huge list of things I do NEED to do. And a lot are small but I forget about them on those rare occasional I have time and energy.

Upside I start my mat leave (Canadian 1 year of leave) in 3 weeks now so hopefully my energy levels will rebound a bit when i'm done with work.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #38
estrellajane
Registered Users
seller

I've been going nuts nesting. I've cleaned out closets and baby clothes and made meals to freeze. I have a pile of clothes that I'm dying to wash and get hung, but I am making myself wait a bit longer for that
estrellajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #39
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't really think I was nesting, just adopting a new approach on what is necessary in our lives. Now that I read this, I think it's a direct result of nesting lol! Yesterday I started on the linen closet, painted the baseboards in the hall and wiped down the door frames. I had already been working on the mound of towels. Once they were all washed I made a "get rid of" stack. If we only have 2 towels or so per person, I won't end up with a mound of laundry in the first place; bc when they get low, I will wash them.....or at least that's the plan.

Working to declutter and clean the entire house before baby #3 in April. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Blessed2005; 02-06-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Blessed2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #40
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
I didn't really think I was nesting, just adopting a new approach on what is necessary in our lives. Now that I read this, I think it's a direct result of nesting lol! Yesterday I started on the linen closet, painted the baseboards in the hall and wiped down the door frames. I had already been working on the mound of towels. Once they were all washed I made a "get rid of" stack. If we only have 2 towels or so per person, I won't end up with a mound of laundry in the first place; bc when they get low, I will wash them.....or at least that's the plan.

Working to declutter and clean the entire house before baby #3 in April. Wish me luck!
That's what we do in my home. 3 towels per person and 2 "guest" towels. It works great for us Also, your post reminds me I really need to repaint baseboards....before it gets too humid!