Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? DS hates preschool

Do you know if he is introverted? If so, they need their quiet/alone or familiar-surroundings time a lot more than other kids. I've seen two kids like that who resisted going to preschool, but always enjoyed it at the end - but I don't think their moms ever went back to staying while they warmed up - I think that may have made it harder on them.

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd pull him out. I see no good reason to put him through this. I'm with your husband on this one.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I remember being forced to preschool and I am now 36 years old. I still remember the resentment issues and feeling abandoned. So not worth the psychological trauma. A 3 to 4 year old is very young and has plenty of time to adjust for work and a lot of maturing between now and even kindergarten. I would pull him out. As a matter of fact I did with my own daughter and when she went back for kindergarten things were much better.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
My daughter is doing very well in New York State Universal pre-K. 5 days a week, 930-12. Everything is predictable and structured. She doesn't resist going much, but she can articulate that if she doesn't care for it, it's because there's a lot of work to do, not enough playing. Not much I can do about that going foward, so I just philosophize about it with my daughter. She's going to Kindergarten next year so a little squishiness can't deter me.

In your case though, if I were in your shoes I would be concerned. I'd talk to teacher and your son and figure it out. If I couldn't figure it out, I would pull him and try again next year.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I side with your dh on this one. Why force him when he's only four... He has lots of time to learn how to deal with others, do things he doesn't want to do, etc. Take the money you spend on his preschool and put it towards something he is excited about (children's interactive museum, zoo, bounce house, etc). He'll get to play with other kids and learn and hang out with you all! Win, win!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote