Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #101
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
Ok, then just 3 and a 1/4 yard will be added. ( used half a receiving blanket for some of the layers).

Sorry!
I mix things too sometimes. I have a dress for DD cut out right now (Maybe I'll get sewing time today ). It will be a white knit with a print on the outside but for modesty have a 2nd layer of a plain white knit as a slip. The plain white knit is from a t-shirt. I didn't have any plain white and didn't want to waste the cute printed knit with a 2nd layer. (The knit fabric is from 1987 and I'll probably never find more of it. I'm trying not to waste any!)

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #102
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds sew cute! (hehe) Looking forward to seeing it. You are quite the inspiration, you know All of you ladies are, really.

Last question for the day. I made two (hoping to get one more in, but I am really slow and they take a long time :/) re-useable sandwich baggies with some thick pul. How do I figure out the points on those? They each have a zipper...the kids picked out the print- they will be SO excited when they wake up in the morning! (why I am going to try to get the third done tonight). Our supply of bags has been slowly dwindling so they have been begging me to make them some.

I think they are as excited about this machine as I am

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!

Last edited by MommyLyssa; 02-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #103
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!
My prize from last month. I it!!

I haven't been home very long so I'm not sure how much their is of each print. With the flannel monkies, I think I may make Rachel a pillowcase. She's been wanting to wad up a flannel blanket to lay her head on at night because "it's soft and warm". I also checked out the Fabric-by-Fabric One Yard Wonders book from the library today...the crayon print will probably become the crayon/colorbook tote from that book. And I LOVE the looks of that book, I may have to buy it so it can live here. I'm not sure what I'm planning for the rest just yet but I'm sure I'll think of something!!! Thank you Rdesonia!!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #104
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Made a skirt and two cloth pads today! I will get a picture up soon! I made my own patterns for the pads, they are a specific size for a DS mama! It was hard work! I had no idea lol.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #105
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
Sounds sew cute! (hehe) Looking forward to seeing it. You are quite the inspiration, you know All of you ladies are, really.

Last question for the day. I made two (hoping to get one more in, but I am really slow and they take a long time :/) re-useable sandwich baggies with some thick pul. How do I figure out the points on those? They each have a zipper...the kids picked out the print- they will be SO excited when they wake up in the morning! (why I am going to try to get the third done tonight). Our supply of bags has been slowly dwindling so they have been begging me to make them some.

I think they are as excited about this machine as I am
If it is less than 1/8of a yd (9x22 or 4 1/2 x wof) then you still count it as 1 pt (ie scrap gets one pt), +1 for the zipper +5 bonus=7 pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
Made a skirt and two cloth pads today! I will get a picture up soon! I made my own patterns for the pads, they are a specific size for a DS mama! It was hard work! I had no idea lol.
That is why when I make a pattern, I'll make multiples of that item. I gotta make it worth the effort.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #106
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

LOOK WHAT I RECIEVED AS LAST MONTH'S PRIZE!!! Opening this package was SO fun and brightened my rough day considerably!!!!!! Thank you so much Rdesonia!

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #107
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Now, that is not for each bag, right? How many bags would be in a set? Or are they a set? I am hoping to make 9 total...bough 9 zippers and I know we could really use the bags.

I swear I won't ask so many points questions next month!

Congratulations again, ladies!!! Fabric couldn't be a better prize!

adj- can't wait to see pictures tomorrow! Is the skirt for you?? I am debating making myself a tiered skirt, but I don't think I have fabric I would wear in a three combo.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!

Last edited by MommyLyssa; 02-07-2013 at 06:35 AM.
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #108
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sad I think my first pair of longies for DS are coming out HUGE

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #109
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriecook'n'sew View Post
I'm sad I think my first pair of longies for DS are coming out HUGE
What part are you at? They always seem huge when I'm knitting them at first too, at least to me

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #110
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok so here are some pictures of the pads- the long ones are 8 layers of flannel serged together and the ones with wings are 6 layers, the wings themselves are 4 layers.

Attachment 133319

Attachment 133320

My phone makes them look worse than irl. I will upload pictures next week with my camera.
The skirt is for my cousin's little girl, I will upload good pictures really soon!
Everyone's stuff looks great!

Last edited by adjroberts; 05-13-2013 at 04:31 PM.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote