Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #131
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

Alyssa, I would suggest if you don't want to use rick-rack ... just make the waist strap longer (one long piece to cover the front and use as ties.) and use it instead of ribbon. It would lower the waist ties by an inch or 2 but I think it would work just fine.

(Also it would be cute with just 2 fabrics instead of 4... The top fabric could be the middle ruffle and the 1st and 3rd ruffles could be the same fabric. That might help you to find coordinating fabric if you only have to have 2 instead of 4)

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia

Last edited by Rdesonia; 02-08-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #132
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Rdesonia- that is so funny! Your post is exactly what I ended up doing Here is a picture.

I am NOT making one of these again for a very, very long time. I was so frustrated I wanted to cry, and I might have shed a tear or two. Sorry about the awful picture, but it is big. It does look a little better in person, though. I do like it, and it looks cute hanging in my kitchen...but goodness, that was crazy!

As you guys can tell from my stuff, I really like bold colors and patterns stripes, polka dots, flowers, etc. LOVE them. For some reason I have never been a fan of prints on fabric, for my stuff anyway.

Pardon the wet spots...long story. haha.

That was my longest project by far. I started picking out colors as soon as I said I was a chicken (my ds1 came in and read that and he told me I could do it . Just finishing now. It might not seem like a big project, but it was huge for me!!

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!

Last edited by MommyLyssa; 02-08-2013 at 02:10 PM.
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #133
ummabbaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in. Hopefully I list what I finish this time :/
Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #134
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Great apron Alyssa!!

I finished up my upcycled dress for DD with about half a yard of Dora fabric thrown in!

I also made her a pair of pajama pants with a tee shirt of DHs!

My kids have been sick all week, so I'm not as productive as I had hoped, but my boss told me to take time this weekend and not be a stress case trying to catch up from the kids being sick, that's a weight off, but DH has an uber-important job interview on Sunday night, so I'm trying not to focus!!

Tonight I am ironing and prepping fabric for my Block of the Month for my quilting project, a pair of pantaloons for DD and some trainers for DS... Hopefully I'll sew some of that this weekend!

Oh, and I finally took some thine to read the manual for the sewing machine I have had for 7 years... Turns out I have an awesome overlock stitch specifically for working with knits!! It's amazing!! LOL
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #135
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I need photography lessons. I swear these are cuter in real life.

This is a 1970's polyester knit. It's got kinda a rainbow stripe.

This is my Popeye cotton knit from 1987 (Peter Pan fabrics). It has an attached slip inside made of an upcycled white t-shirt.

This is a poly-cotton knit from 1996. I actually bought a bunch of fabrics a year or so ago from a Momma on here. She threw this fabric in for free!

(**The best part of playing with me is you can't be tempted to go out and buy the fabrics! Ha Ha! They are impossible to find.)

Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #136
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

so cute! I'm pretty sure I rocked that rainbow knit as a kid!! I love the popeye!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #137
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm dropping out, I just can't get into the crafty mood. Life is crazy right now. I tried to do a quilt square, wasn't totally into, screwed it up and can't seem to want to touch any of it again. My brain is on school for the kids right now, trying to figure out just what we are using next year so I can order it soon (have to buy with income tax), and it seems to eat all my time.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #138
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper View Post
I'm dropping out, I just can't get into the crafty mood. Life is crazy right now. I tried to do a quilt square, wasn't totally into, screwed it up and can't seem to want to touch any of it again. My brain is on school for the kids right now, trying to figure out just what we are using next year so I can order it soon (have to buy with income tax), and it seems to eat all my time.
(((HUGS))) I needed a crafting break last month... it's okay!!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #139
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
There are months like that for sure! We do school stuff/planning for next year in April, so I completely understand! And then May is going through it all!

Those dresses are adorable!!!! I love the pink one on the bottom!~

I have nothing to sew and no ideas today...Which is bad, because we are going to be stuck completely in this house for a few days...

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #140
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I've had those I'm going to throw my sewing machine out the window moments too! We'll save your spot for you if you just want to come back at some point this month. Hopefully, you'll get the homeschooling stuff figured out. There is a Sub-forum for homeschooling over in Parenting and I bet the ladies there can help you if you haven't already posted over there. (Maybe you could get the curriculum 2nd hand and have some left over to to buy Fabric )