Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #241
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I want to make a car seat canopy... I'm just having a bunch of difficulty in picking out 2 coordinating fabrics... Help me please :-)

Advertisement

Last edited by Kaylacherie88; 02-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #242
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

I love any of the three plains with that bright orange/pink flower print. I would probably do either the orange or the darker pink with that print, but the lighter pink would look great, too

(However, please note, I do NOT shy away from color in the least...)

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #243
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

I couldn't get on Ravelry last night to link the dragon pattern, site wouldn't load :/. But here is the link if anyone is interested in making them, or the base body which is a brontosaurus .

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fools-dragon
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #244
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
I want to make a car seat canopy... I'm just having a bunch of difficulty in picking out 2 coordinating fabrics... Help me please :-)
I like the pink print and the yellow and pink with flowers print. So pretty and fun for a LO to look at all the colors!

Last edited by rumblepurr; 02-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #245
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Haha I loved the orange ones together... That was my first choice! I love the brightness! I think I'm decided! Thanks guys :-)
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #246
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My Nanny (grandmother- we just call her nanny) bought me some material for curtains for the boys room. It had one end completed for curtains (I have no idea where she got it?), but I had cut and hem and measure etc, just like I would have regular material- and I still had to add curtain holes and such...

My question is- is that recycling or sewing? I want it to be points, but I don't want to cheat! I then made ties and such for it.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #247
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would imagine if it is partially sewn ... it is upcycling.

I'm very frustrated. I'm working on making myself a sports bra from McCall Pattern 4261 and it is the stupidest instructions ever. They defy physics. I spent the past 3 hours just trying to make one stupid sports bra! And basically have wasted a yard of expensive organic knit cotton. I emailed McCalls and asked if they could help because their instructions are physically impossible to follow. (It tells you sew things but if you do you can't turn it back right side out!) I think I'm going to give up on it today.

I hate having a latex allergy and not being able to just go buy one!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #248
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I would imagine if it is partially sewn ... it is upcycling.

I'm very frustrated. I'm working on making myself a sports bra from McCall Pattern 4261 and it is the stupidest instructions ever. They defy physics. I spent the past 3 hours just trying to make one stupid sports bra! And basically have wasted a yard of expensive organic knit cotton. I emailed McCalls and asked if they could help because their instructions are physically impossible to follow. (It tells you sew things but if you do you can't turn it back right side out!) I think I'm going to give up on it today.

I hate having a latex allergy and not being able to just go buy one!
totally off-topic, but where do you live? I'm in Georgia, and I can think of 2 stores that would make a latex-free bra for you, or track one down.... Intimacy and LiviRae .... of course, LiviRa is probably way too cool for me now because they are on that Lifetime show now!

I have wanted to make my own bras because for years I could never find any that fit off the rack, but since I weaned DS I can finally buy them off the rack... I was thinking about sewing tonight, but I'm watching Project Runway instead... does that count?!?
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #249
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Livirae doesn't have online ordering. Intamacy didn't have any latex free when I did a search.

I don't live within 250 miles of any stores that offer latex free bras. (I'd have to drive to Seattle) I could order a custom online for over $160 but if it doesn't fit ... I don't get a refund. I've been making my own bras (With my own pattern because I'm a 32E/32F and could not find a pattern that I could alter) since 2008 or so. I sent my measurements to one company that offers customs and they emailed back that I was a 36D? So I emailed and asked for the measurement of the 36D and it was not even close to mine. I just decided I'm not going to order online if they are just trying to make me buy a stock item. Normally I don't use any elastic. However I'm in the middle of trying to wean DD so I wanted to have a sports bra. I'm so flipping engorged and I hurt. (Which is adding to my irritation.) I'm using lastin which is latex free.

I ended up just making a channel at the neckline and putting the elastic in. Then I cut the straps at the shoulder and serging it. I pinned the elastic in place before I cut. Then I sewed the arms and topstiched the channels for the arm elastic. Then put the elastic in so it was sticking out the top of the shoulders. I sewed those together. I serged the band on the bottom. It was not suppose to need elastic in the band. That didn't work! I cut open the band and channel set 4 rows of elastic. It's not pretty but it's functional.

I was just really annoyed that the instructions were horrible for that pattern. I kept trying to follow the pattern but I ended up having to seam rip it all out at the arm holes. I serged it so it was a complete pita to seam rip it! I don't own any sports bras so I couldn't just look at one to figure out how they are normally constructed.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #250
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ignore the green line. (It's washable marker... I started to outline the pattern and then had to rearrange it. It will wash out. ) I thought the eggs in the frying pan were cute and cheeky for a bra.

You can see in the picture how the shoulder straps are not cleanly sewn.

Last edited by Rdesonia; 02-14-2013 at 09:29 PM.