Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #251
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I finally finished this car seat canopy! I spent about 4 maybe 5 hours on this thing cause I had to have the ruffles... After that whole experience... I MUST find a ruffler foot lol... Not perfect but cute and functional :-)

Uploaded to my Crafts Completed album

Advertisement

Last edited by Kaylacherie88; 02-14-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #252
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia

Ignore the green line. (It's washable marker... I started to outline the pattern and then had to rearrange it. It will wash out. ) I thought the eggs in the frying pan were cute and cheeky for a bra.

You can see in the picture how the shoulder straps are not cleanly sewn.
It doesn't look that bad... Is it functional?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #253
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
It doesn't look that bad... Is it functional?
This is what I was thinking. It doesn't look that bad- and I am still impressed you have been making them for yourself that long! They seem so complicated!

So sorry about the pattern though- that has got to be REALLY frustrating :/

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #254
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Few sewing questions...

How do YOU sew a zipper to your fabric.. Too many tutorials that tell you this or that. I need basic and easy to understand.

Also tips for sewing PUL? I have some and scared to use it. Fear of ruining :-(

Dying fabric... Would you do this before you sew it up or after? Also best dye?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #255
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
Few sewing questions...

How do YOU sew a zipper to your fabric.. Too many tutorials that tell you this or that. I need basic and easy to understand.

Also tips for sewing PUL? I have some and scared to use it. Fear of ruining :-(

Dying fabric... Would you do this before you sew it up or after? Also best dye?
I think youtube has some zipper tutorials. I try to avoid them. They are not hard to do but I just don't like them on kids clothes. My last zipper was on DD's Halloween Dress. (She was princess peach from Mario world )

People use washable Elmers glue type to secure the pul in place.

I would dye before just in case part of it doesn't take as well. (I have dyed t-shirts or other already made garments.) I have no clue what is good as far a dyes. I bought a few tie-dye kits. I've still got enough that I just use those.

**Yes my sport's bra is functional. I actually might have to take the shoulders up more later. Right now I'm so flipping huge it's hard to tell real fit. I didn't think weaning would hurt so much! I don't know that I can sew much today. It hurts to type. It hurts to move my arms. It hurts just to drink coffee. (Woo Hoo I'm having Caffeine!)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #256
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia

I think youtube has some zipper tutorials. I try to avoid them. They are not hard to do but I just don't like them on kids clothes. My last zipper was on DD's Halloween Dress. (She was princess peach from Mario world )

People use washable Elmers glue type to secure the pul in place.

I would dye before just in case part of it doesn't take as well. (I have dyed t-shirts or other already made garments.) I have no clue what is good as far a dyes. I bought a few tie-dye kits. I've still got enough that I just use those.

**Yes my sport's bra is functional. I actually might have to take the shoulders up more later. Right now I'm so flipping huge it's hard to tell real fit. I didn't think weaning would hurt so much! I don't know that I can sew much today. It hurts to type. It hurts to move my arms. It hurts just to drink coffee. (Woo Hoo I'm having Caffeine!)
Some people say to use a zipper foot,, some say don't... What works for you? Ill practice on a shoulder bag before making wet bags.

I'd love to see that dress! I used to LOVE the Mario games!

I have about 5-6 yards that I want to due a light blue.. I guess I'll hope other people describe their experiences and read reviews and what not..

You mean to say that weaning hurts too!?! Oh goodness, I thought giving birth would e the end of it :-( I hope gets back to you... I'd be interested in knowing their response time!

Quick pointing question... If I'm using yardage and scraps to make wreaths (not sewn) does that still apply to the game?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #257
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anything made with fabric counts. I use a zipper foot. My computer is at the repair place right now as my hard drive crashed. It has all my pictures. I'll see if I can go steal one from facebook.

Mario brothers.jpg
Not the best picture of the dress. Oh well. I made the felt mario and luigi hats!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia

Last edited by Rdesonia; 02-15-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #258
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No sewing today. Busy this morning and out all afternoon- I *might* sew something tonight, but I don't know.

I need to make bean bags- I am thinking a set of 3 for all of us in different fabrics.

Other than that, I don't have too many projects left I want to complete! I do have fabric flowers I want to make, but that uses maybe a 1/4 yard per flower with scraps.

What am I going to do the next two weeks????

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #259
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kids and I made bean bags this morning! We made a set for each person in the family

Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #260
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

All of this stuff looks awesome! I have been really busy, I've made like a million things lol and started a new playgroup this week, it has been crazy around here! I will upload pictures really soon, probably tonight

I love that sportsbra!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote