Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #261
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
No sewing today. Busy this morning and out all afternoon- I *might* sew something tonight, but I don't know.

I need to make bean bags- I am thinking a set of 3 for all of us in different fabrics.

Other than that, I don't have too many projects left I want to complete! I do have fabric flowers I want to make, but that uses maybe a 1/4 yard per flower with scraps.

What am I going to do the next two weeks????
What pattern are you using to make the fabric flowers? That seems like an excessive amount of fabric? 1/4 of a yard per flower would be like 3 yards of fabric to make a dozen! Yikes!

I have a clover brand do-hicky thinga-ma-bop (Ha Ha ... not sure what to call it). It is basically a yo-yo maker that helps you to make flowers. I've used the big one like once or twice and the small one is still in the package. It uses maybe a 6inch square and a 1 inch square to make a cute flower. It all has to be hand sewn so I'm lazy and hardly ever use it. I keep saying in my head that I'm going to go make a bunch of those flowers and make a ton of head bands.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #262
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
Anything made with fabric counts. I use a zipper foot. My computer is at the repair place right now as my hard drive crashed. It has all my pictures. I'll see if I can go steal one from facebook.

Not the best picture of the dress. Oh well. I made the felt mario and luigi hats!
Ill give the zippers a try this week... See how it goes.

That's great! How adorable!! Love that you made it the theme
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #263
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
What pattern are you using to make the fabric flowers? That seems like an excessive amount of fabric? 1/4 of a yard per flower would be like 3 yards of fabric to make a dozen! Yikes!

I have a clover brand do-hicky thinga-ma-bop (Ha Ha ... not sure what to call it). It is basically a yo-yo maker that helps you to make flowers. I've used the big one like once or twice and the small one is still in the package. It uses maybe a 6inch square and a 1 inch square to make a cute flower. It all has to be hand sewn so I'm lazy and hardly ever use it. I keep saying in my head that I'm going to go make a bunch of those flowers and make a ton of head bands.

I make like 8-10 different types of flowers, and some are huge. Most won't take that many, but I have some large styles for things I have made flowers for ages...I needed some crafty outlet, and I love flowers!

A yo-yo maker sounds amazing! I hate making them.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #264
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88
I want to make a car seat canopy... I'm just having a bunch of difficulty in picking out 2 coordinating fabrics... Help me please :-)
I like the bright flower print with orange!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #265
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Haven't posted much... between butchering and farmwork there was little time for sewing. I did just finish 4 pairs of baby pants... These are the butts on them. In the front they look like normal baby pants.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #266
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I think I am going to officially drop out of the contest. I have been way too busy. Most of the stuff I have made this month has been to sell anyway, which wouldn't count. I posted pictures of some of the stuff I've made here http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16297365 in the show and tell. I've also made like 10 more mama cloth, trying out different pattern adjustments and such. lol I am going to have a new stash by the end of the month
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #267
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Haven't posted much... between butchering and farmwork there was little time for sewing. I did just finish 4 pairs of baby pants... These are the butts on them. In the front they look like normal baby pants.
love these! Is this the big butt baby pants pattern?
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #268
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
love these! Is this the big butt baby pants pattern?
Yes! I love Made by Rae's patterns... need to start thinking of sewing some of the peekaboo bonnets for Baby Girl this spring...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #269
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love the pants! I want to make some!!! Maybe some fleecy ones!
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #270
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used the Cascade Ruffle pattern (kinda) and made a dress instead of a skirt. It's for this summer so I has to tie the straps so it would fit her for the picture. (She was running around and being crazy so it wasn't easy to get a picture!) That dress was easy but super time consuming. I'm not sure I'll make another! Also the ruffled skirt is pretty heavy so I recommend making an elastic waist like I did on the dress if anyone is going to alter the pattern for a dress. (Without the elastic it would pull a lot on the shoulders and drape funny.) It also took a ton of fabric. I'll have to measure but it was close to a yd &1/2 of a wide knit.
(I just wanted to add this would be a super cute halloween costume/dress up costume ... If you used tulle/net as the ruffles it would be a cute fairy/ pixy dress. )

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote