Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

I'm not going to play this month but I would like to donate a gently used copy of Cute Clothes For Kids by Rob Merrett for a prize.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #22
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My labor of love for the day. I spent a good 3 hours on this thing, probably more (broken throughout the day, so not sure exactly)

It is double sided...my first real thing I tried to do that with, and I am so proud of it!!! It is the color of the ruffle/waistband on the other side. There is some wonky stitching where I got distracted by a child on the waistband that is annoying, but otherwise, I really am proud of myself Going to make another one for me next week, but use more ruffles I think.

This is my valentines item Two of the elephants have super cute little hearts, and I made it for my dd for valentines day.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #23
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to post again...but I want to check my points a few times to make sure I am doing this right.

This was my day (a busy one, tomorrow will have nothing)

12 wipes- 56" of flannel, plus 1 FO for diaper item
Ooga Monster- 1/4 yard of fabric- used scraps and buttons
Apron for dd using heart material- 1/2 yard main, 3/4 yard coordinate.

I came out to 30 points. Is that correct?

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #24
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's cute that it matches her kitchen!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #25
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
Sorry to post again...but I want to check my points a few times to make sure I am doing this right.

This was my day (a busy one, tomorrow will have nothing)

12 wipes- 56" of flannel, plus 1 FO for diaper item
Ooga Monster- 1/4 yard of fabric- used scraps and buttons
Apron for dd using heart material- 1/2 yard main, 3/4 yard coordinate.

I came out to 30 points. Is that correct?
Wipes...1 1/2yds (8+4)=12 pts +1 diaper related +1 (if you post a picture)=14
Monster..1/4 yd = 2 pts button+1 scrap+1 batting/stuffing +1 for someone you love +5 (unless you don't love your kid ) pic +1 = 11
Apron 1/2 yd +4pts 3/4 yd+6 pts Ribbon +1 (I thought I saw ribbon for the neck) bonus +5 pic +1=13
So I got your total at 38

Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

PS... This week your item only has to be "made for someone you love" to get points. Heart fabric and red/pink yarn also qualify. Your item doesn't have to be for "Valentines". Just to clarify.
(I'm seriously trying to make it easy to get bonus points.)

Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #27
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
PS... This week your item only has to be "made for someone you love" to get points. Heart fabric and red/pink yarn also qualify. Your item doesn't have to be for "Valentines". Just to clarify.
(I'm seriously trying to make it easy to get bonus points.)
Woah! Well then...this is the week to get all my kid sewing done! I have crayon rolls and dresses, and fleece lined slippers all on the list for the kiddos this month!!!

And no ribbon on the monster, but I did use ribbon for the neck on the apron. So 38 works for me! Also didn't know we got points for pictures...because I will probably be doing that with everything anyway

Thank you so much for walking me through it all. I really don't want to over-point myself.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #28
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Look at you Alyssa...off to a great start!The apron is cute.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #29
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Alyssa-so CUTE!

We have had 2 days of the flu and cleaning up 4 kids' throw up and bathroom accidents has left zilch time for sewing... hoping tonight I can work on Baby Girl's dress (we are all on the mend). I'll be so happy to be back in my routine!

Oh, has anyone made a tablet fabric cover/case? DH wants one for his Samsung Tablet so I was thinking about sewing one for his birthday in March. I see a lot of tutorials for them, but was hoping there was a tried and true one someone can recommend.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #30
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Alyssa-so CUTE!

We have had 2 days of the flu and cleaning up 4 kids' throw up and bathroom accidents has left zilch time for sewing... hoping tonight I can work on Baby Girl's dress (we are all on the mend). I'll be so happy to be back in my routine!

Oh, has anyone made a tablet fabric cover/case? DH wants one for his Samsung Tablet so I was thinking about sewing one for his birthday in March. I see a lot of tutorials for them, but was hoping there was a tried and true one someone can recommend.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote