Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food intolerance/Allergy testing question

I've eliminated wheat, dairy, and eggs, with only slight improvement of my eczema. Today, I had my results read from patch testing of contact stuff, and I am allergic to Methylisothiazolone, blue jean dye, formaldahydes, and another one that is in primairly hair dye. The Methylisothiazolone one is the one that gets me, its in my shampoo, dish detergent, and baby wipes, that I have found today....But I am not sure if I should back out of the food testing, or just go ahead and go and see what they say, cause there may be something they see that helps, you know??? *sigh* SO nerve wracking!!!

Advertisement

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #12
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food intolerance/Allergy testing question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyMama View Post
I've eliminated wheat, dairy, and eggs, with only slight improvement of my eczema. Today, I had my results read from patch testing of contact stuff, and I am allergic to Methylisothiazolone, blue jean dye, formaldahydes, and another one that is in primairly hair dye. The Methylisothiazolone one is the one that gets me, its in my shampoo, dish detergent, and baby wipes, that I have found today....But I am not sure if I should back out of the food testing, or just go ahead and go and see what they say, cause there may be something they see that helps, you know??? *sigh* SO nerve wracking!!!
If its eczema then it very well could be an actual food allergy. We went through a whole mess with dd with shampoo and soap and such with her coconut allergy- almost everything that suds has coconut or a derived coconut ingredient. Luckily she just cleared that one- she is no longer allergic so we can use whatever we want- as long as it doesn't have nuts or melon. I am not familiar with meth........ but for the coconut we never really found a good solution. We tried making shampoo using Kiss My Face Olive oil bar, but its not tear free and that ended up being a disaster. What we settled for was only washing her hair once a week and using just water the rest if the time. It did significantly relieve her eczema. So if your not able to completely work around it try limiting and see if it helps. I have to get off now, but do you make your own dish detergent and wipe solution? Those might be a easier to work around then the shampoo- again thats what we did with dd- shampoo was very difficult so was toothpaste. So we eliminated coconut in every way we could but kept the shampoo and toothpaste. It did help dramatically. Sometimes its doesn't have to be an all or nothing- especially if your main symptom in eczema.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our Ped ordered a blood test for allergies with my DS5. He said that intolerances won't show up. He had us eliminate gluten even though wheat didn't come back on his panel.