Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
My Mood:
Re: Diapers- "Must-Haves" and "Stay-Away"

This tread has be re-thinking my stash. I bought a bunch of OS cartoon diapers that I knew my kids would love the baby to wear. But I wasn't a fan of pockets with DS. I preferred AIOs. Trying to decide if I should sell them and get AIOs or wait until this baby is born and see how it goes....

Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I used cotton prefolds and thirsties covers for dd in the newborn stage and will do the same with this one. Might look for a good absorbent fitted for night. Then I have cotton pfs, covers, bge os, and a few little lions fitteds, and some cotton sandys. I do all cotton. I don't like the synthetics. Hated g diapers with a passion. Have a few happy Heiny os but of course they are not cotton. I used them for dd for overnight and naps but she potty trained so early that I haven't used anything since last summer! I am excited to start my diapering again
Wife to the love of my life, mama to 2 beautiful blessings from God
babyrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #23
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
My Mood:

everybody has there own preferences- consider what your wash routine will look like. Is drying time a major factor? I love AIO's (bumgenius freetimes, elementals and swaddlebees simplex) but they take longer to dry. I hated prefolds with covers and fitted started leaking too soon on my NB but now I'm going back and trying wool- everyone seems to love it and I'm trying to figure out how we can travel without me bringing 24 AIO's and/or being stuck looking for a washing machine.

I highly recommend getting a small NB variety stash so you can see what you like- you can do a rental or you can buy used. They resell very well, and you only use them for a short time anyway. I bought 6 each of BG AIO's (aplix), kissaluvs AIO's snaps, kissaluvs fitted, thirsties covers, prefolds (osocozy and thirsties hemp). Love the snaps, hate the velcro. But everyone is different.
TobinsTreasures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by Kelsey5783 View Post
now I'm going back and trying wool- everyone seems to love it

I highly recommend getting a small NB variety stash so you can see what you like
I could spend SOO much $$ on wool! But, thank goodness, I'm allergic to it and my skin gets all rashy and dry and cracks - even though wool can work great for baby, I prefer to cuddle my kids, lol!

I agree with getting a variety stash to see what you like best, what DH likes best, and what anyone else dealing with/changing baby likes best - it may surprise you!
We did this when we started cloth, although it was with DS1 at 7 months, not a newbie, but after a few month and trying everything out there, we figured out what we prefer and just stick with that for the others
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #25
Registered Users

Love the BG 4.0! And Alva Minky because of their softness!! We prefer pockets at this house but with two in cloth stuffing can become a bit tedious.
Sworomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
Registered Users

I love prefolds and flats under wool with a few fitteds tossed in for others and lazy days. I don't care for PUL anything but really only have a very limited experience with them. I think my son has been in them maybe 5 hours total. My experience previously was with gerber plastic and one old very cracked AIO. So cracked even though I had never used them before I knew without a doubt they would leak. They were also hard. This was 13 almost 14 years ago. At that time this diaper was like 9 years old.

We do not like OS fitteds as they are confusing to my husband. I do have some OS fitteds now but we don't use the snap down rise.

I liked and disliked wool wraps. My son outgrew the biobottoms wool wrap size large at 4 months. Until then I liked them. We had to switch to all soakers, longies, and shorties. Since those stretch they are much more forgiving on bulky babies.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #27
Registered Users

I got GMD Infant Fitted Diapers for my baby, trying to keep it simple for DH, love the idea there cotton all the way thru, so less chance of fiber allergys, senceative skin in the whole family. I did also get the Bummis covers to try. We got 24 diapers and 4 covers, do you think that’s enough?
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:

ok here is what we have:
4 lil joeys
2 sm dream-eze aio
1 xs fuzzi bunz
7 sm fuzzi bunz
9 nb tinkle traps
13 xs tinkle traps
1 xs bg
1 nb sticky peas
1 the raven tree
1 Zephyr
5 random wahms
1 mutt (that I dont really like and am thinking about selling but I hear they are great so I am hesitant even tho I dont like the fabric lol)

I am also planning on making some more ( she needs a girly cute first Dipe after all!!!) and I am also going to a stash event in March to see what else I find lol! this is only the NB, XS, and Sm dipes I have a box of other sizes too.
Our Midwife thinks that the baby will be around 7-8 lbs so given that do I need more Nb or Sm? i just have no idea what to buy and I dont want to waste money on dipes that are junk!
Sarah 29
Married to the love of my life Trevor .
with baby #1. Mary Elizabeth due April 2, 2013!
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #29
Registered Users

I discovered pretty late in DD's diaper career that I LOVE Tots Bots. They were my absolute favorite with her. Turns out I'm not really a fan of wool. I hope my little boy fits the things we have well, but you never know.
madame_raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #30
Registered Users
My Mood:

I haven't had much success with prefolds or flats. Maybe its that I dont have the right kind but they always end up looking really bulky folded in a cover on my DD and they dont keep enough moisture off her skin. Starting around 2 months if I used more than 2 or 3 prefolds or flats on her in a row she would start to get diaper rash (even with frequent changing). No problem with pockets or microfiber though. Diapers I'd probably stay away from include TrendLab OS and Econobum covers. I previously was liking the covers but not anymore
SAHM and sometimes WAHM, DD1 DD2
Namiko is offline   Reply With Quote