Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
donewithdipes
Registered Users
seller

Re: Daycare Diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster2012 View Post
I live in Tennessee and according to state health code, daycares are not allowed to use cloth diapers. Does anyone know why this is and are there other states with the same stupid regulations?
Five years ago, my daycare in TN used cloth diapers, but with my second who went to daycare starting 1 1/2 years ago we had to send sposies. Same state different daycare. I do think it probably is a law, but some day cares a willing to allow it, while others aren't.

Advertisement

donewithdipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
amandact
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dc uses cloth for us but they insist that we use disposable liners so they can throw out the poop and the poop they throw out goes in bags that we supply....

We also use pockets there so I don't know about the cover. But my understanding when they explained it to me was they can't have poop just sitting in wetbag. Disposable liners solved it.
amandact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our daycare in Nashville uses cloth diapers.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandact
and the poop they throw out goes in bags that we supply....d it.
Do you mean they cant just put the poop in the diaper pail with all the sposies filled with poop? that is a new one!
I would check bc when i was interviewing daycares i got every answer from "yes, little susie is in cloth" to "no it is illegal." Lol. From centers five minutes apart.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
amandact
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know, strange right. But I was just so glad they did cloth that we brought in the bags which they then put in with the disposable...
amandact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley'sMomma
Our daycare in Nashville uses cloth diapers.
Really? Which one? I haven't looked into other options extensively because DH insists DD goes to the daycare associated with our work, but they straight up told me no cloth when I registered DD and said it was a state daycare regulation. I know a few of the other babies at the dc are in cloth at home as well. I'd be happy to buy more AIOs and supply any sorts of bags they wanted, just so DD could wear cloth at school too!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
srbordenstein
Registered Users
seller

We tried a work-associated daycare in nashville. I think it is "top-rated" but it didn't work for us. We found them to be more institutional and not very flexible/accommodating. It really depends on the center and what is important for your family. I highly recommend the JCC and Goddard if you ever wanted to consider alternatives.
srbordenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #18
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

I was looking into this while trying to figure out the best way to approach my day care about cloth. I had found a website that had every state listed and there are no states that have laws against cloth just rules regulating their storage after they are soiled. I just cannot remember the link. Might want to google it.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #19
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

It seems to weird to me that it's ok to roll up a disposable with pee and poop and put it in a bag but not cloth? What's the difference in health concerns I wonder?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #20
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Daycare Diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandact View Post
My dc uses cloth for us but they insist that we use disposable liners so they can throw out the poop and the poop they throw out goes in bags that we supply....

We also use pockets there so I don't know about the cover. But my understanding when they explained it to me was they can't have poop just sitting in wetbag. Disposable liners solved it.
Is there a reason they can't just flush the poop (using the disposable liners)? 'Cause wouldn't that be better than putting it in a bag and then in the garbage?
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote