Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
kari331
Registered Users
seller

Overnight diaper help

My son has really sensitive skin. 3 months ago he developed a rash and blisters on his private area. We got the rash under control, but have spent 3 months trying to get rid of the blisters- every cream possible, some medication from the dr, naked time, dietary changes etc. We noticed it would bleed in the morning. About a week ago, I came up with the brilliant idea to put him in a disposable overnight. The blisters are finally healing really well and he is back to sleeping through the night (he used to wake up, I would change him, then he would go back down). Do I keep him in disposables overnight or try a different type of cloth diaper when he heals up for good? We have been using bum genius and rumparooz.

Advertisement

kari331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
abrix96
Registered Users
seller

It's really up to you, mama! But if you want to try something I would choose a organic fitted with wool. He could have an allergy to synthetics..my son has issues with the BG stay dry materials but does fine with fleece & cotton.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
abrix96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
rachelhf7
Registered Users

Maybe try putting a bamboo or charcoal bamboo insert on top of the stay dry liner. My son gets bad diaper rashes when we use diapers with a synthetic material overnight. If we use natural fibers then he's fine! Plus bamboo has antibacterial properties and it's super absorbent. Hope this helps!
rachelhf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Overnight diaper help

If his rash is clearing up with the overnight sposies I say stick with it! I would be so upset if it was my son and the rash came back... A box will last you almost 3 months, I think it is well worth it. My opinion though.