Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #11
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - February chat (1 more month!)

Next month! Woot woot! I'm beyond excited, though really I have 8w1d left until my due date.

If she were born today we would NOT be ready. I was planning to sort and wash all the clothes this week so we'll see if I get it all done. Plus I still have to get the bassinet out of storage. And find my smaller size dipes which are also in storage somewhere. And DH is out of town 14 of the next 21 days.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #12
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
35+2 today! I've been having a lot of contrax the last 3 days. They come and go in mostly timeable (6-10m) spurts, and sometimes last a few hours. Nothing painful but there are a few that will take my breath away. Sitting or laying is when they happen, not while walking or moving. I hope they're doing something! I'd love to go into labor spontaneously instead of the planned induction we have.

We'd be ready if she came today. The carseat is the only thing left that needs to be installed but that's no biggie.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #13
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

One more month? That makes it sounds MUCH closer than it really is. I'm looking at it in weeks still... 8 left - so 2 months here.

Got our carseat yesterday.
Bid on a diaper bag on Ebay, will know tonight if I got it.
Working on sorting/organizing the baby's room this weekend.
Nearly to the leg split on the longies for baby's coming home outfit.
STILL have to decide on a name since we both decided the one we had chosen does not work for us.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #14
samham
Registered Users
seller

I am 35+4 today. Thought I was going to deliver last night. Think I ate something bad and I puked the whole night, contractions like crazy. They calmed down finally but my poor body aches so bad I don't wanna move. I'm bummed because there is on o way I can go to school and with baby coming I'm already missing a weekend so I'm gonna have to drop. Really hoping they don't drop me from the entire program since I can take same class same time next year and still graduate on time.

If baby came today,eh.....? Got a few things to buy and need to rewash car seat cover. Otherwise, think we are prepared.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #15
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
STILL have to decide on a name since we both decided the one we had chosen does not work for us.
I'm glad we weren't the only ones! Not that the name was bad, but after saying it for months it didn't really fit any more. Our new one just seems like such a better fit.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samham View Post
I am 35+4 today. Thought I was going to deliver last night. Think I ate something bad and I puked the whole night, contractions like crazy. They calmed down finally but my poor body aches so bad I don't wanna move. I'm bummed because there is on o way I can go to school and with baby coming I'm already missing a weekend so I'm gonna have to drop. Really hoping they don't drop me from the entire program since I can take same class same time next year and still graduate on time.

If baby came today,eh.....? Got a few things to buy and need to rewash car seat cover. Otherwise, think we are prepared.
That sounds icky! I hate the after the throw-ups soreness. Makes me feel like if I just worked my abs more it wouldn't hurt as bad (yeah right). I hope everything works out with your school.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh man, one more month! With my family history of delivering at 37-38 weeks I only have about 6 weeks left! I don't know about you ladies but I am SUPER emotional lately. I seriously just cried for 20 minutes because I love my kids SO much. I kept hugging them and crying, they both looked at me like I was crazy. One of my DDs patted my back and said, "Ok mama?".
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I don't know about you ladies but I am SUPER emotional lately.
I am! Just went to DD's first synchronized ice skating competition today and I was so teary eyed just watching her!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213

I am! Just went to DD's first synchronized ice skating competition today and I was so teary eyed just watching her!
I downloaded the song that my DD1 is dancing to at her recital in June...totally started crying while listening to it.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
NutMeg4189
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm 36 weeks today ! We are probably doing the induction in a little over 3 weeks. I can't believe how close we are to holding our little man !!!

I'm away for the weekend with DD and DH. It's DH's birthday so we thought it was the perfect excuse to get in one more weekend away as a family of three before the crazy starts. We got a new diaper bag, a Ju Ju Be Be Prepared, so I've been playing with packing it and we are just relaxing watching movies and playing games.

I was 1cm on Thursday and I've been having contractions more and more the last few days. My MW said they would stop labor until 37 weeks so we need I make it one more week and then I'm all for getting the party started!
NutMeg4189 is offline   Reply With Quote