Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #111
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Good luck Erica!

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #112
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
Hi, I'm hoping I can join you ladies.
mama. I've said it before, but I am sorry about the loss of the baby. Just because there is a healthy baby growing in there, one that will be born... that doesn't make things all better and it doesn't mean that you should just forget about the one who died, or say "well at least we've got one".
It's totally okay to grieve the loss of that little one. And I can definitely see how it would be getting harder as you near edd - you should be meeting both of your babies but you'll only be meeting one... and this baby will be a constant reminder of the lost baby and what could have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
u/s in less than an hour it's the quad screening/nuchael scan...that I was going to avoid this time since we got a horrible false positive with dd. But dh wants to know so he can "plan"
Good luck. Can't wait to see pics! for no positives - false or otherwise - this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
Elena, that's what I will do then... I called the high risk ob-gyn and I can't get in until the 28th of this month so I have two weeks to go before finding out exactly how long I am and the official due date.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #113
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hi, I'm hoping I can join you ladies. This pregnancy was a bit surprising. I started out so sick. Even more than usual. My dr thought I had my dates wrong because I had a measurable fundal height much further ahead of what I'd estimated. We had an u/s that showed that I'd been having twins, but on stopped developing. It was a shock to hear it.

Nobody irl understands my feelings. As I get closer to delivery my heart aches a little more for the bean that didn't make it. I've tried talking to DH about it, but all he has to offer is that the baby was genetically incompatible with life. Um, not helpful. I know intellectually why it can happen, but these feelings are not tied with reason. A baby is a baby to me. Regardless of its length of life it was my baby.

Anyways, I'm hoping that I've found a place here to get the support and empathy I need. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Oh momma I am so sorry. I wish I could say my dh was always a winner with his support on our losses but it wouldn't be true. With each one though he did get better!! When are you due? Congrats on the little life you are continueing to grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
u/s in less than an hour it's the quad screening/nuchael scan...that I was going to avoid this time since we got a horrible false positive with dd. But dh wants to know so he can "plan"
Hope it went well!!

deanna - If you need us to help you be strong on team green we are ready to help you!

Elena - and just more . Thank you for being so sweet and encouraging. Sounds like your dh got a wonderful woman. Everything will work out just fine. I had to laugh about the wall. Dh knows I would build one. My daddy is a carpenter.

Today is a good day. I started out spotting again but seem to have been given a peace today. I wish everyday were like this. Perhaps it's the cold making me less fretful and the fact that the dc are sick and I am coping with that too. DD1 spike a fever today..... Whatever it is I like it.

Oh and does anyone know if pregnancy hormones can cause a BF toddler to get hives? Seriously, dd2 broke out in hives several times today. I have no idea why. She hasn't had any fever or illness since Sunday, isn't eating or wearing anything new and I am not taking any thing new. I just find it weird. Her whole but was one BIG welt and she was scratching all around her upper thighs which also had welts. I wondered about the hormones as I have gotten hives at the start of a couple of my pregnancies. The first one being the WORST. I even had a few this time but just for one day about a week ago.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #114
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Hi, I'm hoping I can join you ladies. This pregnancy was a bit surprising. I started out so sick. Even more than usual. My dr thought I had my dates wrong because I had a measurable fundal height much further ahead of what I'd estimated. We had an u/s that showed that I'd been having twins, but on stopped developing. It was a shock to hear it.

Nobody irl understands my feelings. As I get closer to delivery my heart aches a little more for the bean that didn't make it. I've tried talking to DH about it, but all he has to offer is that the baby was genetically incompatible with life. Um, not helpful. I know intellectually why it can happen, but these feelings are not tied with reason. A baby is a baby to me. Regardless of its length of life it was my baby.

Anyways, I'm hoping that I've found a place here to get the support and empathy I need. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Realized I starting posting without introducing myself.

We were in a similar situation, except DD1s twin made it to 31 weeks. I was going to the doc everyday for biophysical profiles. Everything was fine Thursday afternoon. Friday morning I found out we'd lost DD1s twin, and went straight to the hospital for a c-section since they shared a placenta. It's so hard some days to look at DD1 and think about how her identical twin didn't make it....

DD2 was a run of the mill pregnancy. Then we had a miscarriage that was pretty devastating for me. Now we're expecting baby #3 early April.

I'm so sorry you lost one of your babies mama. I don't think you'll ever stop missing that baby. Be sad when you need to, but it's ok to be happy about the baby you do have too. It's a weird place to be and it's hard for anyone to imagine.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #115
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
Today is a good day. I started out spotting again but seem to have been given a peace today.

Oh and does anyone know if pregnancy hormones can cause a BF toddler to get hives?
I'm glad you were able to feel peace.

about the hives. That's strange!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #116
Three Little Monkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can I join you ladies? I just got a BFP tonight. I'm still in shock. a little history: I had 2 very basic pregnancies with GD being my only complication. Then when dd1 was 3 I had my first mc. I had three more over the next 3 years. Finally in November 2011 we had our sweet rainbow baby. So technically I am pregnant offer losses + 1 healthy pregnancy. This wasn't planned and I have no idea where I am as far as dates go since I still have not had a PPAF. my worries now are this baby sticking and my milk supply for dd2. She has lots of food allergies and still needs Mommas milk!

Not to crunchy...just a little crispy on the edges
Three Little Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #117
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

39 weeks today and still pregnant
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #118
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Little Monkeys View Post
Can I join you ladies? I just got a BFP tonight.
my worries now are this baby sticking and my milk supply for dd2. She has lots of food allergies and still needs Mommas milk!

welcome, congrats, and

Have you ever found any foods or anything that help boost your milk supply? For me, ice cream and oatmeal (cookies, thank goodness!) are a guaranteed booster. I've heard good things about "mother's milk tea" (or something like that) - though I'd check into what you can take while pregnant. I'd look into what's safe, and start taking it now, before there's a dip in supply, kwim?
Good luck!

Oh, and for a sticky bean for you mama.

AFM:

And happy 7 months for me & hiccup!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #119
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
39 weeks today and still pregnant

Or, sorry?

So glad everything is well - can't wait to see pics of your little rainbow, Sarah!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #120
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Little Monkeys View Post
Can I join you ladies? I just got a BFP tonight. I'm still in shock. a little history: I had 2 very basic pregnancies with GD being my only complication. Then when dd1 was 3 I had my first mc. I had three more over the next 3 years. Finally in November 2011 we had our sweet rainbow baby. So technically I am pregnant offer losses + 1 healthy pregnancy. This wasn't planned and I have no idea where I am as far as dates go since I still have not had a PPAF. my worries now are this baby sticking and my milk supply for dd2. She has lots of food allergies and still needs Mommas milk!
Welcome! Hopefully this will be a smooth sailing rainbow baby for you.

Yay for 7 months! Time is flying.

I don't mind still being pregnant, cause he's still wiggling around and my BP is staying down. I'm not miserable or anything, so he can keep cooking.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote