Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #31
TS8213's Avatar
TS8213
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,472
My Mood:
My old OB kept billing my m/c as a "spontaneous abortion" and my insurance kept denying payment (bc I work for a Catholic hospital). I can't tell you how many times I had to fight with my insurance and cry over the whole ordeal. My OB knew why they denied it but said there was no other way to bill it. I finally told my OB's office that I wasn't dealing with it any more and they'd have to figure it out with my insurance. It was awful!

Advertisement

__________________
Trace, married to Shaun 2.21.04
Kyleigh 11.8.04 ~ Tegan 12.29.06 ~ Emmerson Kate 2.21.13
Forever missing Colton 11.5.11 (15w)
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #32
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
My old OB kept billing my m/c as a "spontaneous abortion" and my insurance kept denying payment (bc I work for a Catholic hospital). I can't tell you how many times I had to fight with my insurance and cry over the whole ordeal. My OB knew why they denied it but said there was no other way to bill it. I finally told my OB's office that I wasn't dealing with it any more and they'd have to figure it out with my insurance. It was awful!
OMGosh. Way to make a terrible situation all the more difficult to go through.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
quicksilverNHS's Avatar
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,835
Yesterday was VIABILITY!!!

And today is 100 errands and steam mopping my floors and laundry.

Busy busy week since I have two baby showers this weekend (mine and one my DH's unit is throwing for all the pregnant wives). Plus DH coaches youth basketball and their end of season tournament is this weekend and their team party. Plus doing maternity pics for a friend. BAH! SOO busy!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #34
happymama1's Avatar
happymama1
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,892
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Yesterday was VIABILITY!!!

And today is 100 errands and steam mopping my floors and laundry.

Busy busy week since I have two baby showers this weekend (mine and one my DH's unit is throwing for all the pregnant wives). Plus DH coaches youth basketball and their end of season tournament is this weekend and their team party. Plus doing maternity pics for a friend. BAH! SOO busy!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
AWESOME!!!

Have fun with your baby showers! You deserve it
__________________
wife to mama to my
never forgetting my tiny babies 11/13/09, 4/12/2012, 5/24/2012, 4/22/2014
hoping for another baby
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #35
stevensmom's Avatar
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: a little place called Home
Posts: 50,261
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Marie

tomorrow I have an appt...hoping my ob will do another u/s...she said she would. But I also have my genetic screening u/s next wednesday, so don't know if she'll do one after all

I hope she does, because MIL's bday is sunday and I was wanting to make them an announcement. Since I haven't told anyone (except my parents/sisters).

Just a quick pic please
__________________
Erica , wife to Ben, momma to Steven11.06 Emily9.10 Matthew 8.13
Forever in my heart, always on my mind (3.09, 5.09, 12.11)
"Life's too short to buy green bananas"
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #36
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Yesterday was VIABILITY!!!
that's great, marie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
tomorrow I have an appt...hoping my ob will do another u/s...she said she would. But I also have my genetic screening u/s next wednesday, so don't know if she'll do one after all

I hope she does, because MIL's bday is sunday and I was wanting to make them an announcement. Since I haven't told anyone (except my parents/sisters).

Just a quick pic please
You can always ask and see if she'll do just a quick peek and pic. If not, though, at least it's only a week until the other one.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #37
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 968
Hi ladies. I'm 22 weeks already!!! This pregnancy seems to be going really fast even though it's complicated. I went to my mw appt yesterday and they checked my progesterone levels. They came back high. I've been taking 200 my prometrium since 4 weeks pregnant because I have low progesterone. Anyway, I'm starting the tapering off process. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I was on progesterone injections with DD until 32 weeks and ended up having her at 37 weeks. I'm wondering if I need to be concerned about preterm labor since I was on injections with DD I don't know if I had the issue or not I'm nervous about it and I want to keep an eye on my levels and I'd like to have an ultrasound to check the thickness of my cervix. Do you think that I should ask about it or am I worrying for nothing? I'm very uneasy about all of this.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #38
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 968
Dp

Last edited by newcdmommy29; 02-07-2013 at 09:39 PM.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #39
carlycurry's Avatar
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,082
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

So sorry I've been MIA... I just get busy and forget to log into DS! I'm doing good, 20 weeks tomorrow and have our anatomy scan next week on Wednesday... I've felt this little lady kicking and thumping every day now since the day before I turned 18 weeks... she's pretty active, especially around 11:30 at night!!!!

I am so glad to see everyone is doing so well... Yay for viability, Marie!!!!!

Rebecca, I am so sorry your OB was a jerk face and so insensitive... but I am glad you made it to this thread!
__________________
* CARLY * proud Navy wife to Lee (3.19.05) & Mommy to 2 Amazing Boys
Logan (12.20.06)
and my RAINBOW Landon (06.28.13)
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #40
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
Do you think that I should ask about it or am I worrying for nothing? I'm very uneasy about all of this.
I think you should talk to your MW about how you're feeling, what your worries are. See what her suggestion is then.
What are the possible risks of high progesterone, or are there any? If there aren't, and you would feel better staying on it, then I'd do that. If there are risks, but you aren't comfortable stopping it totally, try weaning down to where you're in the normal range and stick with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
So sorry I've been MIA... I just get busy and forget to log into DS! I'm doing good, 20 weeks tomorrow and have our anatomy scan next week on Wednesday... I've felt this little lady kicking and thumping every day now since the day before I turned 18 weeks... she's pretty active, especially around 11:30 at night!!!!


AFM: Today is Elliana's birthday. We got some stuff last night and I'm going to make cupcakes for us to have for dessert tonight - all the kids get cupcakes on their actual birthday, then cake at their party, so we will have cupcakes for Elli too.
Zech asked me this morning if we were going to have cake or cupcakes, he was really happy when I said we were. He said that was good, because "we all get cupcakes for our birthday".

The boys also have a hockey game tonight, and everyone is at school today, DH is at work. It's a strange mix of remembering and sadness, and yet still life going on - which is kinda how every day is, really. It's not a bad thing, it's not making me terribly sad, but it's just kinda weird.
I am glad to be able to do something for her day, though. I want to do it for myself, but also for the kids, to help them remember. I don't ever want to force them to feel or remember, but I want to give them the opportunity, kwim?
I've always planned to get a shelf put up in our bedroom for Elli's things. Just hasn't gotten done, even in a year. I'm hoping to get one this weekend and do that, too. I'll feel better having her things in the "right spot" instead of just on our dresser.

The boys realized last night that if Elli was with us still, we would have her seat in the van and seating would change. Then they said "If Elli was here, we'd be full and we wouldn't have room for the new baby!" DH and I both said "If Elli was with us we probably would never have had this baby." Then we talked a bit about how strange this all is - we will never be happy that Elli died, that she's not with us. But how can we be sad that Hiccup is here. It's a strange place to be, loving both of them so much yet knowing that Hiccup never would have existed without Elliana dying.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.