Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #71
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by "fishingfor5 View Post

Did your doc tell you to wean at 12 weeks or did you make the decision?
I wasn't the person you quoted, but my doc did tell me. However, my loss was at 6 weeks, so like a PP said it was just to cover our bases until the placenta was better developed.

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #72
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
Thanks it is healing to be here if that makes sense.

I am very new to all of this as I said it has never been a problem in my past. I have been chalking my problems up to breastfeeding and age. I am leary to take more as she did not give me but 30 pills with no refill. Also, some other worries I have are the fact that I am breastfeeding and how it affects dd, will it cause my body to not be able to miscarry in the event that my body "should"? (if that makes sense) I am also on low dose aspirin and not even sure I should be taking that but too scared to quit now. But I am also worried if it will affect dd through my milk. Not a lot of great info out there for Pregnant Breastfeeding on progesterone and low dose aspirin. Most sites give info for full dose aspirin. AND DD started running a high fever today so now I am worred even more about taking the baby aspirin on the rare chance it causes Reye's syndrome. Last night at about 3:00 am when I went to the bathroom there was a rust/pink smudge on tp. Nothing since then but the cramps (like menstrual cramps) have been strong. It reminds me of afterbirth pains when you BF a newborn. As you can see I am a mess and find it allmost Psychotic since this is my 10th pregnancy but will be 6th child. Sorry for rambling, really need to give this over and leave it there.

I wish she would have at least tested my Progesterone levels before the RX. Now I won't know if I needed it or not and I have no idea when to stop! GAH!

Elena - I completely agree with the others about your flowers. How absolutely beautiful. My dh bought me a charm bracelet with each birth month of all my babies- living and in heaven. I love it.

Sorry for the long post ladies. I hope you don't regret having me!
Even if your levels were good, its ok to be on it anyway & your placenta takes over progesterone production around 10-12 wks thus the reason you wean off at 12 wks.

My doctor put me on it after my 5 wk m/c in Dec. 11. I would start taking it 3 days after O each cycle. I had 2 more losses, 8 wk in March & a CP in August. We were trying to avoid when I conceived this bean & didn't start it until about 5-6 wks along. I'm 17 wks tomorrow!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #73
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
As you can see I am a mess and find it allmost Psychotic since this is my 10th pregnancy but will be 6th child. Sorry for rambling, really need to give this over and leave it there.

Elena - I completely agree with the others about your flowers. How absolutely beautiful. My dh bought me a charm bracelet with each birth month of all my babies- living and in heaven. I love it.

Sorry for the long post ladies. I hope you don't regret having me!
I wouldn't worry about the aspirin and nursing - any that's being passed through your bm would be very minimal.
I kwym - Hiccup will be our 6th baby, but our 11th pregnancy.

Thank you. I wear a ring with Elli's birthstone

And no worries - the first trimester is full of worries and fears (not that rest isn't, but it does get easier... a bit) and we're here for you, whenever you need to ask questions or vent!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #74
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

I'm VERY odd with progesterone. My body must be clueless. My placenta never got the memo to make enough progesterone until 32 weeks with DD. :/ I'm now 22 weeks with my second and I'm STILL on progesterone. So I would suggest getting levels checked even after 12 weeks just in case. But my birth center (4 mw) have never had anyone on progesterone this long. And my doctor with DD didn't have anyone on progesterone that long either. So I'm very very different than the norm. :/
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #75
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

:
My doctor told me to wean off of it at 12 weeks...and since I never had any problems after the first trimester, I wasn't too worried about it. I do know people who have taken progesterone shots throughout their pregnancy...but I'm not sure if that was to prevent preterm labor and/or for a more significant progesterone deficiency? I've only ever had my progesterone tested with my first pregnancy....the other pregnancies I was taking it as a precaution, but since I miscarried the first pregnancy that I didn't take it....and then had two more miscarriages very early on (even with progesterone)....I suspect that my body must need a little boost in those first few weeks.....and now I'd be too scared NOT to use it....hope that makes sense.
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #76
abhernandez
Registered Users

Eeeep.... I just logged into my computer for the first time in over a week and I realized.... I'd forgotten to share something.... Or rather someone...

[IMG][/IMG]

Leon Andres
Born 2.2.13
Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #77
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Eeeep.... I just logged into my computer for the first time in over a week and I realized.... I'd forgotten to share something.... Or rather someone...

[IMG][/IMG]

Leon Andres
Born 2.2.13

congrats!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #78
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post

[/URL][/IMG]

Leon Andres
Born 2.2.13
OMGOSH!!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY ALICE!!!!! He is too precious! I know you are over the moon that he is here. So happy for you momma!
Love that diaper too...what kind is it?!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #79
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aaah Alice, congrats! Que tesoro bonito.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #80
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh Alice, he's too sweet! Congrats!!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote