Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #21
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - February chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
There's a pretty clear division of classes too. Either you have money or you are poor. Not much of a middle class really. It sucks b/c we don't fit into the uppity crowd,

This is us exactly!!!

But throw it into the deep south. The civil rights capital but it looks like no change has happened since. It is so sad. You have your rich 1% and your extremely extremely poor. It is sad really and it makes me angry. We have been invited to join the "rich" clubs but we don't. I do not think it is a good idea and not the message dh wants to send especially in the field he is in.

All the schools are basically segregated too and that is not the message I want to send my children. So they are in 2 leagues for all the sports they play. Sadly yes they play in the white league and the black league. I just think that is important to show our children there is no difference.

The private schools are their own little wierd world were you pay a fortune for them to go but academically they are not much better than the public schools that are ranked 100 out of 105 schools. Yeah time to move!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey girls!!!! Its been forever since I checked in, but thought I would say hi! Its so great to read up a little on everyone and how the littles are doing.

We are doing great! Avonlea is 18 months now and ornery as all get out! (thanks to her two older brothers!) She has hair like nobody's business but I refuse to get it cut. I want it to grow out more and it will be fine once it goes behind her ears.

We just found out two weeks ago that we are expecting baby #4 with an EDD of Oct 6th! Crossing my fingers that this one sticks, as we had a loss in Oct of last year. Hoping to be team green this time....we'll see.

Here at Avonlea at Christmas time. Always one shoe....
[IMG][/IMG]
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hey gals! How are you all doing?

This is a busy week for me and the laundry is taking my laundry room over faster than I can keep up! I'm usually good at keeping up but this week is winning.

I sat down with Nathan today while Harper napped and we went over his kindy sight words. He is impressing me with his daily growth. This prek year has been tremendous in his development. He is so read for kindergarten. I have such mixed feelings about it. He's my baby boy. I know its only February and I don't know why I'm thinking of it now but is coming fast.

Tonight I'm getting together with the moms I do playgroup with on Mondays and were going to make freezer meals for one of the moms who is due in two weeks. I've got a killer headache so not sure how much help I'll be but I'm taking granola bars for her, just in case.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Courtney--Avonlea's hair is so long!!!

Britt--it is so awesome when you can see your children be successful. It makes me such a proud momma!!!

AFM--I got a big girl phone lol. I got an iphone and although it was an expense I have been basically without a phone for the whole time down here. No reception in the house unless I stood a certain way and the stars wre all alligned. Dh got one from work and decided he wanted me to have one. We do not have a house phone bc I really do not think it is needed so we decided to get a good phone and I got straight talk so we will only have 1 cell phone bill and easy payments WOO HOO!!!!

Other than that, still getting over this nasty cold but feel a hundred times better and it is a beautiful day out. I was actually productive--ran some errands and cleaned the house. It is crazy how the laundry piles up when you are sick plus I have alot of prepping diapers going on here.

The boys are outside playing with the dogs. I usually do not let them play outsied by themselves--yes I am that mom--but I am parked in front of the windows in the kitchen and they are having a blast!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #25
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My biggest boy is ten today. I cannot believe he is so old. Mama is a little emotional, I remember his birth like it was yesterday. Sigh....why must they grow up.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Peyton had her 18 month wellness visit today. She is a whapping 17.4lbs. She does not eat like a 17lber she eats like a 40lber lol. Dr is not worried bc Tanner was really small. Everything else was good.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow Allison, you have an itty bitty!! Is she tall or short? That great it went well.

Harper's 18 month visit is next Friday.

Where is everyone?

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #28
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She is 30 inches is that tall? LOL

I guess I was a small baby and dh was too. Blu was avg and Tanner was small.

The thing is I am 5'9 dh is 5'10 or 5'11 so they drs sometimes get worried bc they do not see a tiny pettite mom and start asking about family history lol
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #29
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Meh, I think doctors are too quick to judge what's 'normal' kwim? I think 30" is pretty average. But what do I know! Lol Harper is 32" right now. But I'm 5'9 and Dh is 6'1. :shrug:

It's raining here. Enough that we don't wanna be outside. Blah. Gonna be a Lon evening. Probably let the boys swim in the bath.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #30
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lol Blu was like we are going outside mom. Umm no sweetie it is raining!

I am no fun!