Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM

Yepppp. I'm mentally ill myself and while I've learned great coping mechanisms, I struggled a LOT as a child/teenager.

Life is already stacked against you when you're ill, the people that are supposed to be helping you don't need to make it harder.
This. It's hard enough for parents to place their child in that situation and to have those individuals whom you trust to care and help your child attempt to undermine their care and well being is beyond unethical and against the standards of care of any institution.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
People who can't respect everyone's differences and contributions should not be in a position of power over those patients. It's dangerous, especially since it seems like there is some demeaning group think happening. They are one step away from doing something unkind and justifying it by holding it up as something "anyone would have done," but they'd be wrong.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The part where they plan how to antagonize the poor kids is just sick. I would want to know if someone was taunting my already-fragile child. I believe there's a criminal charge for that.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
juniperhill
Registered Users

Re: Wow, people suck

I believe it can be a HIPPA violation even if names are not used. It depends on if any other potentially identifying information is disclosed. It sounds like they need a reality check, like actually considering the potential hurt those types of comments could cause, not to mention the negative energy and mindset is definitely feeding within the community of caregivers.
juniperhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wow, people suck

Why would anyone want to antagonize an already suffering child?! Thank you for taking ss and working to turn them in.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #27
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes it doesn't matter if they violated hipa, if they talk and treat their clients that way they have no business being employed there.

I was watching undercover boss last night and an employee was just saying all this stuff about customers. The ub was like this is not the business for him.

Id at the very least say this is not the "business" for these care providers.

So gross and sad.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #28
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I've been thinking about this. It's really getting me angry.

I have a DS who is on the spectrum and also has a defiant disorder. He can throw a tantrum better than any 2 year old you've seen. And it looks weird I know, because he's 7 1/2. It's very hard on us and on him when he is having emotional outbursts in public or in a doctors office and if I found out his doctors were speaking meanly of him or mocking him to each other... I'd probably try and have their license. He is still a HUMAN. Those kids deserve more than that.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #29
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I've been thinking about this. It's really getting me angry.

I have a DS who is on the spectrum and also has a defiant disorder. He can throw a tantrum better than any 2 year old you've seen. And it looks weird I know, because he's 7 1/2. It's very hard on us and on him when he is having emotional outbursts in public or in a doctors office and if I found out his doctors were speaking meanly of him or mocking him to each other... I'd probably try and have their license. He is still a HUMAN. Those kids deserve more than that.
I completely agree. These are not some uneducated kids doing this, either. My fb friends at least is 25 and has a bachelor's degree in child psychology.

How do you study this for four years and have NO compassion for your patients?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #30
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wish I hadn't opened this thread : ( This is so sad and disgusting. I hope OP can figure out where these people work, and hopefully they will receive serious consequences for their inappropriate and thoughtless behavior. At least an unpaid period of suspension.
Those children deserve better treatment that that. I'm gonna go cry, then hold my babies and tell them I love them.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote