Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie169

Dude I just did this cause I saw it on here and knew I had everything on hand...my freaking god! So delicious! My husband raved and raved...and he hates coconut.
Does it have to be regular? I have light coconut cream

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace

Does it have to be regular? I have light coconut cream
No idea. I'd imagine, but give it a try. It'll still probably be delicious even if it doesn't quite set up.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Brinklen
Registered Users

Re: coconut cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
I think I found one we're going to try. Not sure how well it will work since mine isn't canned so it doesn't have the clumps, but I can add more flour and/or sugar. Might be more like pudding puffs then cream puffs, but its all that I got.

I am so excited- I found a bunch coconut whipped topping recipes. DD has never had whipped topping. I can't wait to make some and put it on a fruit salad with coconut flakes- that was always a big holiday item for my family and we haven't been able to do it because of dd's allergy. Now if we could out grow the peanut... I know since she is ANA and class 6 that is not likely to happen. With the dairy we are at a good place now because she has been able to eat baked in for the last year. I am so excited - can you tell- about the coconut even if it isn't something that we really eat, its nice to have to option again.
Congrats on being able to re-introduce coconut into your meals! I LOOOVE most things coconut, and I am always looking for good recipes. I will have to check out that site. Also, did you know there is an inexpensive way to make your own, fresh coconut milk?? There are several ideas like this through a company called Tropical Traditions, who sell lots of coconut products locally sourced from small farm owners in the Phillippines. And they have recipes that may help you bring back the coconut!
Brinklen is offline   Reply With Quote