Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
EmmaGM's Avatar
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 7,818
My Mood:
My new furniture gives me a headache?

So we bought a new bedroom set and it has that new furniture smell. Last night I developed a headache, stuffy nose, watery eyes. I slept like crap and woke up achy in weird places. I'm still moving in so I expect to be sore but I mean the joints in my fingers hurt.

I opened our bedroom window and have a fan blowing the air out. My headache is sticking around but I no longer have the stuffy nose and watery eyes.

All that to ask: is this what offgassing is about?

Advertisement

__________________
Emma H&T Mama to Faolan 6/7/12 & Malachy 1/29/14
EmmaGM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
chandni3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,338
Re: My new furniture gives me a headache?

I'd get some air purifying plants and put them in your room. If you google it you'll find a lot. Hopefully they'll help clean up any off gassing and help you sleep better at night. Plus keep the window open if it isn't cold out.
__________________
Mommy to sweet daughter K Nov 2011 & N May 2013. Wife to wonderful husband D since Sept 2008. Always remembering baby J 10wks Missing baby Q 13wks

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
MommyZ of 2's Avatar
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Baltimore Area
Posts: 778
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3
I'd get some air purifying plants and put them in your room. If you google it you'll find a lot. Hopefully they'll help clean up any off gassing and help you sleep better at night. Plus keep the window open if it isn't cold out.
Peace Lilly's are good purifiers, and are pretty and easy to care for. They bloom pretty white flowers, and will "reproduce" for you. They're pretty cheap, and always available at Home Depot. Best thing is, if you forget to water them and they droop to the floor, they will recover within hours and stand up straight again!
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
EmmaGM's Avatar
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 7,818
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyZ of 2 View Post

Peace Lilly's are good purifiers, and are pretty and easy to care for. They bloom pretty white flowers, and will "reproduce" for you. They're pretty cheap, and always available at Home Depot. Best thing is, if you forget to water them and they droop to the floor, they will recover within hours and stand up straight again!
Sounds like my kind of plant! I kill EVERYTHING. It's bad. I'll definitely get to the store this weekend since its still too chilly at night to leave the windows open.
__________________
Emma H&T Mama to Faolan 6/7/12 & Malachy 1/29/14
EmmaGM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
kirstkat's Avatar
kirstkat
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 79
I've been seriously thinking about house plants for air purifying, but I tend to kill plants pretty efficiently. sounds like the peace lily is a good match for me!
kirstkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,579
My Mood:
Peace lilies are poisonous to pets. Just in case you mamas are petfriendly. ;0)

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
EmmaGM's Avatar
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 7,818
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
Peace lilies are poisonous to pets. Just in case you mamas are petfriendly. ;0)

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
Oh bummer, my challenged cat would most definitely nom on it.
__________________
Emma H&T Mama to Faolan 6/7/12 & Malachy 1/29/14
EmmaGM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,579
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post

Oh bummer, my challenged cat would most definitely nom on it.
Mine too. They always eat my flowers. It crushed my dream of owning a ficus tree.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.