Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad

We don't call them "vans." We call them "Mormon movers"
In Idaho, we call then the MAV's... Mormon assault vehicles

Advertisement

Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 AM   #22
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is considered a larger family!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
In Idaho, we call then the MAV's... Mormon assault vehicles
I love that one

My favorite phenomenon that happens here is when there are neices and nephews that are older than their aunts/uncles. Off the top of my head, I can think of three families in my neighborhood like that. Now THAT is a big family
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #23
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

I would say 4+ kids but I think this varies regionally..
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #24
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In my opinion 6+ is a large family but it seems society thinks more than 1 is a lot!

When we had our 2nd EVERYONE under the sun was like "so you are done?"...that question makes my skin crawl, especially when its a complete stranger. Then our 3rd was a boy after 2 girls so everyones new line was "now you can stop you have your boy!" it is just so rude an annoying for anyone to give me their 2 cents about how many children my husband and i have, we have run into some wonderful people who are kind and say its great to have so many children but i feel like those people are few and far between...our family pretty much understands (finally, now that we have 4) that we want a big family and whatever is meant to happen, however many children we are lucky enough to have is how many we will have!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #25
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i loved reading this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummsmiley View Post
Yeah.....welcolme to the people are gonna make stupid comments at you all the time club! I'm pregnant with my 6th and we haven't told many people,and not even my MIL because we just don't feel like hearing the comments. I have 5 girls,so you can only imagine the no. 1 comment...... I usually respond,(with a really straight face) I'm actually allergic to male fetuses) They just look at me like I'm nuts. Sometimes I have clever replies, sometimes I just smile,and sometimes I completely ignore them. Just depends on my mood. As people said.... 2 kids and a dog is sufficient now, the majority of people don't understand why "in this day and age" anyone would actually want the "financial and mental stress" of more. Priorities have changed so much. It use to be family, being a good mom and wife, and satisfied with having most of what you needed. Now it's giving those one or two kids everything you didn't have, that new car every 5 years, and paying for that 200 channel cable package.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq
Old 03-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #26
6ncountninwv
Registered Users

My Mood:

We just had our fourth and haven't gotten any comments yet. We are hoping to add at least 3 or 4 more..so maybe then we will get comments. Most of our friends however have 6-7 kids. I was one of 4 and would have liked more...and my kids (16, 14, 13 and 7 months) were really excited when we found out we were having our fourth. They would prefer to have more because all of their friends have more...lol.

I think its great to see the reactions of some people when I tell them my kids ages...lol...and when we say we can't wait to have more....lol :-)
6ncountninwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #27
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm expecting my fourth, and we get all kinds of comments, so I guess four is considered "big". I don't view four as that many though - I'm one of six and DH is one of 12. In fact we're one of "those" families where my youngest BIL is 1.5 yrs YOUNGER than my ODS, and 5 mos older than DS2. Honestly though, it makes for the most amazing family gatherings, and going to Grandma's house is awesome for my kids because she still has 7 kids at home. They just blend in with the crew, and love every minute of it. So yeah...for me, 4 is just getting started
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #28
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor's mom
i think that most of society considers anything over 2 kids (unless you needed the 3rd to get the other gender ) to be large. we have 4 children and i don't feel like it's that many. i get one of 2 reactions when we go out though...either the sweet little old lady who gushes over them and shares that she had at least 4 as well, or i get the 'you've got your hands full' type comments. oh wait...forgot to add the 3rd reaction i've been getting lately. my oldest is in school, so i try to run errands with just the other 3. i've gotten a lot of "oh, you finally got your girl". i giggle to myself at the look on their face when i add that my oldest is a girl and at school
S true! We had 2 boys and the only reason people were marginally ok with our third was because she was a girl. I don't feel like we're a huge family (us and 3 kids) but apparently it's like...a harem or something. I dunno.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #29
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I don't feel four kids makes you a large family but it seems everyone we know thinks we have a big family because we have four kids. To me, a big family is 5+ kids
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #30
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

You know, it's funny, I didn't think 4 was such a big family, then at the grocery store I got a comment about our hoard. "Wow, you must have your hands full!" I said it really wasn't so bad and my oldest is a life-saver! She's so much help with her brothers. Surprisingly the woman said, "Oh, I know how it goes. I have four at home myself, but my youngest is three. I just can't imagine doing it with a baby." I tried not to point out that if she has four kids, and one of them is a three year old, then she must have had four with one being a baby at some point or another. It was so incredibly strange! Who knew another mom of 4 would think my family was large!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote