Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
becca jean
Registered Users

Re: February Chat Thread

Thanks Ladies!!! I think I'm going to look into my local childrens service agency. I don't know about foster care. I'm scared I won't want to give them up. I'm more than ready for God to bring man into my life. Sometimes I wish he'd hurry up but I know he's moving things at the best pace for me.

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

How do you know when a child is the one...meant for your family. There is a little boy coming up for adoption within our agency, actually placed with my friend. My head keeps telling me no...but I just broke down into tears over it again while reading a blog post on adoption. This one... http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-woke-up-with-some-thoughts-on-my-mind.html They asked us to consider adopting him six months ago when the case started turning south. I melted into tears the second they asked, but said I don't think so. We have five boys already...we have five boys already...we have FIVE boys already! eta: Okay we have FOUR boys...where did THAT come from!!!????

Last edited by Mama2ManyBoyz; 02-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Mama2ManyBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

That is a great post. Minimalist has been my middle name for the past few months and I'm loving it. I've donated several van loads and have lots more to go. My confidence wavered recently when I met someone with a gorgeous huge $500,000 home and everything that goes with it. Shes an amazing person with a full hsppy home but I admit I was feeling very jealous of all the "things". I needed a reminder about what was really important.

Last edited by newmommy13; 04-11-2013 at 10:25 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dp!

Last edited by newmommy13; 02-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #25
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
How do you know when a child is the one...meant for your family. There is a little boy coming up for adoption within our agency, actually placed with my friend. My head keeps telling me no...but I just broke down into tears over it again while reading a blog post on adoption. This one... http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-woke-up-with-some-thoughts-on-my-mind.html They asked us to consider adopting him six months ago when the case started turning south. I melted into tears the second they asked, but said I don't think so. We have five boys already...we have five boys already...we have FIVE boys already! eta: Okay we have FOUR boys...where did THAT come from!!!????

Thanks for sharing that blog!

Whenever something has me super emotional, I know something is up!
You know, I have 5 daughters & 1 son. We had girl, boy,girl. It just seemed natural that the next would be a boy. But it wasn't. And I was disappointed, but she was an awesome baby. Then with the next we hoped for a boy. no dice. And again, we wanted a boy. didn't happen. The one time we got pregnant with another boy, he died in utero. God does not want me to have another biological boy. Why? I don't know. And we love our girls SO MUCH, but we had fun with that one wonderful boy & would love to do it again. So we have told our agency we want BOYS, but in the end, we may never get a boy. We could say no if we get a call for a girl, but maybe God is sending us that girl for a reason! I hope that you are praying on it & that God will give you a sense of peace & help you know what the right decision is.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

What does your dh say? We are ones that stuck to our guns, and it was the right choice for us. We started out saying we would adopt a girl two and under and do short term/respite while we waited. A couple months waiting and we got a call for an unborn sibling already attached to the termination order (the most perfect adopt from foster case ever! totally unheard of, a newborn with parental rights already terminated, unbelievable). The baby was a boy. I of course, would've took him. Dh said it was not our baby; another family was waiting for him. And that was that. Two more months and we picked up dd2 from the hospital. I still wonder about his family though... never heard where he went.

Newmommy - are the twins boys?
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well.... I got my very first placement call!!! I had specified 18 mo and younger due to my dd and it being our first placement... They called with a "2 yr old" little girl who turned out to be 3.5 after I asked for her birthdate. DCF is crazy! I felt horrible having to say no but she was pulled from a VERY tough situation and I was really nervous about the impact on my dd. ughh... Soooo tough to say no.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy View Post
What does your dh say? We are ones that stuck to our guns, and it was the right choice for us. We started out saying we would adopt a girl two and under and do short term/respite while we waited. A couple months waiting and we got a call for an unborn sibling already attached to the termination order (the most perfect adopt from foster case ever! totally unheard of, a newborn with parental rights already terminated, unbelievable). The baby was a boy. I of course, would've took him. Dh said it was not our baby; another family was waiting for him. And that was that. Two more months and we picked up dd2 from the hospital. I still wonder about his family though... never heard where he went.

Newmommy - are the twins boys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking8186 View Post
Well.... I got my very first placement call!!! I had specified 18 mo and younger due to my dd and it being our first placement... They called with a "2 yr old" little girl who turned out to be 3.5 after I asked for her birthdate. DCF is crazy! I felt horrible having to say no but she was pulled from a VERY tough situation and I was really nervous about the impact on my dd. ughh... Soooo tough to say no.
So hard to say no! My dfs was an "almost one year old" but he was 9 months. Thats a big difference to me! Ok not as big as 2 year old to 3.5 year old. Do you think they purposely lied to get the child placed?

Last edited by newmommy13; 04-11-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #29
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, least you have one girl! All I ever wanted was to be a parent to ONE girl. Didn't happen biologically as I had boy after boy. I hate that boys get such a bad rap. I love mine dearly. I never would have had a clue as to how wonderful they were if God hadn't blessed me with them even though I was indifferent about ever having one. Obviously I still very much want the opportunity to be a mother to a daughter but I'm bewildered as to why everyone only wants girls. I understand bedroom situations, but it seems beyond that. My agency initially gave me a hard time about only taking girls despite them understanding we already had four boys and only one available room.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #30
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
I was the opposite. We wanted a boy so bad! Now I'm really hoping with this next potential baby that it will be another boy. Abraham needs a brother I've decided.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote