Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #31
luvbeingmomma
Registered Users

Re: February Chat Thread

Still empty. Hoping for a call. We are also going through the renewal process. We are increasing our license from 1 child to 2. Maybe that will get more calls coming our way. It's tough jumping through all the hoops DHS wants for the 3rd year in a row and we've only had one placement. Trying to hang on to hope.

Advertisement

luvbeingmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #32
luvbeingmomma
Registered Users

Looking8186,

It is so hard to say no even when you know it just isn't a good fit.
luvbeingmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
I was the opposite. We wanted a boy so bad! Now I'm really hoping with this next potential baby that it will be another boy. Abraham needs a brother I've decided.
Thats exactly why we wanted a girl because dd needs a sister! Its so funny because initially when I was preggers I so wanted a boy and I had an instant of disappointment when I foubd out she was a girl! Now I feel like you said A, I wouldn't have known what a blessing it is to have a daughter if I wasn't given amelia. We have a bedroom situation too but I would want a sister for dd anyway. As an only child growing up I would have given anything for a sister.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #34
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbeingmomma View Post
Still empty. Hoping for a call. We are also going through the renewal process. We are increasing our license from 1 child to 2. Maybe that will get more calls coming our way. It's tough jumping through all the hoops DHS wants for the 3rd year in a row and we've only had one placement. Trying to hang on to hope.
Oh mama this must be so disappointing. I think being open to siblings will only help you. Fingers crossed!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #35
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
I was the opposite. We wanted a boy so bad! Now I'm really hoping with this next potential baby that it will be another boy. Abraham needs a brother I've decided.
That is what happened with ds When I was pregnant the first time I was so upset by just the possibility that the baby might be a boy. I had three sisters, eight girl cousins and one boy cousin, three aunts, etc. I was terrified of having a boy. And we had dd1, then adopted dd2. Then pregnant again with ds. I was ok with that although somewhat nervous about knowing what to do with him. And I didn't like boy colors, or boy clothes, or boy toys, (or little boys really). Well, ever since he got here almost two years ago I have been madly in love with him. He is just so perfect for our family (tremors and all). And I bought boy clothes and boy toys. And decided that there must be some reason God knew we needed to be pregnant with a boy, because we would have said no to any other placement of a boy. There must be another boy in our future that we needed boy experience for. Then dd2's birthmom told us she was pregnant and asked us to adopt. Well, I was certain that baby was a boy. Two girls and then two boys only sixteen months apart; it would be perfect. And we would get to use the boy clothes and toys more than once. Well, when I got there about five minutes after she was born there were a bunch of people standing around her because she had stopped breathing for a second during minute one. And I couldn't see her parts! Finally, I asked them, and someone said "girl". Gosh, I could not believe it. I watched until I saw for myself. We still joke that she was missing some parts when she was born. I was disappointed to not have a brother for ds. I still am a bit, but God's running the show even if I sometimes think we're calling the shots and I'm sure she belongs in our family. So.. maybe there's another boy out there somewhere waiting for us to find him.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
jenfostermom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Attachment 133357

Our newbie! I will do a better update shortly but she's a week old, 6lbs and drug positive. Looking long term!

Last edited by jenfostermom; 03-26-2013 at 08:43 AM.
jenfostermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #37
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfostermom

Our newbie! I will do a better update shortly but she's a week old, 6lbs and drug positive. Looking long term!
Ah! So sweet.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #38
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfostermom View Post
Attachment 133357

AND ADORABLE!!! you forgot that part!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #39
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Attachment 133357

ohhhhh,I need a baby,stat!!!! So sweet!!!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #40
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AH! Squishy!! such a sweetie. Those cuddly days go so fast!

Quote:
Attachment 133357