Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
who has 3 boys in one bedroom?

I have 4 boys, soon to be 5 boys in early April.
We have one bedroom that is fairly large- right now my 5 and 7 year old share it with twin beds, but we are thinking of moving the 4 year old in there with them. The 4 yr old would be in a toddler bed and the two older ones would be in bunk beds (the twin beds they have now can convert to bunk beds).

just curious who might have experience with this sort of set up?
we have other options but this might be the best since all 3 of them are not "babies" anymore and should at least be able to sleep through the night in there without big problems. thanks!

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: who has 3 boys in one bedroom?

I have 4 boys in a 3 bedroom. One is 15 and has his own room. The 3 and 4 year old share a room and the 7 month old sleeps with me. Once Finn hits 15-18 mos I will move the boys to bunk beds and Finn to a twin on the floor in the room with the other 2. It is a large room.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I have 3 boys sharing a room. 5,4,2-1/2. They started sharing when #3 was 1 yr. old.

We have 1 bunk bed for the older boys and then the 2 yr. old is still in a crib. I might trust him in a twin bed when he is 3+ (he's my ornery one!). It works great. They all go to bed at the same time, #3 takes a nap in the day and so the boys are downstairs during that.

Every now and then they all wake each other up, but I just tell them all to go back to sleep. I've always been a strict mama about bedtime and sleeping and so the above is rare. Oh and it's so sweet because sometimes one will wake up with nightmares and the other boys comfort him and they all go back to sleep.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Oh and it's so sweet because sometimes one will wake up with nightmares and the other boys comfort him and they all go back to sleep.
aww, that is so sweet to hear.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I have 4 boys in a large bedroom. The room is about the size of our living room actually, so it is good size. Currently my 6.5yo and 4.5yo have twin beds, my 3yo is in a toddler bed and my 18mo is in a crib. The room is big enough that we had intended to build 2 sets of L shaped corner bunk beds with storage underneath. Since we may be moving soon we are holding off in that in case we need to go with standard stacked bunks because of floor space. My boys are still little and they love sharing a room. Our almost 9yo dd has her own small room right next to the boys and sometimes is jealous that she has no one to share with, so we got her a cat to snuggle since we can't give her a sister
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My three boys share a room. We only have two bedrooms so it has to be that way, but even if we had more bedrooms I think I'd still keep them together. They are just so close. We have a twin over full bunk bed. The 5yo sleeps in the top bunk and the 4yo and 2yo share the full size bed (usually one at each end, although many nights the end up snuggling together). The bed sharing started as a way to get the 2yo out of our bed by letting him cosleep with his brother instead. We intended to move the 2yo to a toddler bed once he was comfortable in the room. But they really like sharing a bed so we've just left it that way. They both have plenty of space so I think we'll just keep them in the same bed until one of them gets too big for the arrangement. Sometimes I even find that the 5yo has climbed down into their bed just because they all want to be together or sometimes he does it because the 2yo is crying or can't sleep and he wants to comfort him. It's really a very good and sweet arrangement.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had all 3 boys in one room when we were staying with my mom. We have bunk beds with a trundle, so when it's all put away it doesn't take any more space than a single twin. At the time we moved in they were 3.5, 20m and 3m. The baby was with me for a bit, then went into their room in a PnP.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
lilac0226
Registered Users

My 3 boys shared a room up until recently. They are 6 year old and 4 year old twins. We have one of the bunk beds with a full on the bottom and twin on top. They switched off who slept where, usually 2 on top at separate ends and 1 on bottom. It worked out fine, one of the hardest thing was keeping toys organized, we finally just got rid of most of them since they seemed to get thrown everywhere. The other hard thing was sleeping on school nights, usually I had my 6 year old go to sleep and let the twins go to bed after he was asleep, since they tended to talk and be restless, or sometimes on school nights we would let the 6 year old sleep in a different room, I would say that was the only hard part with the 3 sharing, primarily because one of the twins wouldn't just go to sleep.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is what we're going to do when our littlest is old enough. The boys love each other so much that it's the natural choice. Of course, their bedroom is tiny. It's probably about the size of our master bathroom, maybe a little bigger, so we're going to have to get a low bunk bed in there and a toddler bed for the little guy. We have low ceilings, so a regular bunk bed isn't an option. It probably won't matter because they all curl up together for naps anyways, so I'm betting that's what it will probably turn into!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

We actually gave our 4 boys the master bedroom and we have the larger of the two other bedrooms...their dressers fit in the walk in closet, and the have a bunk bed (double on bottom/single on top) and a toddler bed...
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote