Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Re: who has 3 boys in one bedroom?

We do! My 10, 8 and 3 yo share a room. It's a large room. We have built-ins in the closet, no dressers, one book case and one small toy storage stacking thing. We have one set of bunk beds and one twin. It works well for now, but we have another boy to add to that room here soon (when he's 18m or so) and I anticipate our 10 yo needing his own space here in the next few years. My daughter, the only, has a room to herself! We set out to have a "girls room" and a "boys room" but only had one girl so far.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #12
e.e.peltz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNMommyofmany View Post
We actually gave our 4 boys the master bedroom and we have the larger of the two other bedrooms...their dressers fit in the walk in closet, and the have a bunk bed (double on bottom/single on top) and a toddler bed...
My parents gave my two sisters and me the master bedroom growing up and it worked really well - of course, with three teenage girls, the major advantage there was that we had an attached bathroom all to ourselves :-)
e.e.peltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #13
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not boys, but my three dd's shared a room for a long time (until my oldest was 12 and wanted her own space).
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 3 girls and a baby in one room . The 6 and 5 yr olds share a queen bed ad the 3 yr old is on a trundle while baby boy is in crib. They are in the master bedroom so its big enough. Sleeping isn't an issue since they all tend to knock out at the same time too. They love it
Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
Candy Lee
Registered Users
seller

We have three boys, ages 11, 9, and 6 in one 9x9 bedroom. They have always shared a room. We have two twin beds and a futon in there, which takes up most of the floor space. We had bunk beds, however our ceilings are kind of low, so whoever was on top obviously hated it. They share a small closet and two armoires for their clothes, but the two armoires are in our master bedroom. They are not crazy about the arrangement (especially my oldest), but it's what we have to do right now. We are currently working on a new house that will have a bedroom for each, though.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
We have three boys together. I am the odd man out and I hate it. :/

Ds1 really dislikes it. Ds2 and 3 are annoying to him and really aren't respectful of his things, not that they have much space to have their own anything anyways. Ds2 is also special needs and frequently has to take over the room while he calms during an episode. While his brothers understand he needs to calm down, it is unfair to them to be kicked out every time their brother has a tantrum kwim?

It's not ideal but its necessary right now. I hope to give them their own rooms in our next home.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have 3 girls in a bedroom about 10x12. They are 5, 3 and 2. They have always shared a room. The older 2 are in 3\4 bunks and the 2 year old is in a toddler bed. It works great! Storage is sometimes a problem and I had to get creative to store clothes and toys, but it works well overall.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #18
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 4 boys sharing one room!
They have bunk beds, with oldest DS on top and 5 year old and 3 year old boys on bottom bunk, sleeping at opposite ends, and a crib for the yougest DS.
Obviously, as soon as the yougest DS is out fo a crib, we will just take out the crib and add another set of bunk beds so they will all have their own bed.
Also, our two girls share a room, and for the next year, the new baby will be in the nursery, attached to our room, and then move in with the girls. We have a 4 bedroom house, but I just turned one bedroom into a HUGE family closet. All of their clothes in one room = awesome! LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #19
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have three boys in one bedroom. They have a twin over full bunk bed. 12 yo sleeps on the top and 5 yo and 10 yo sleep together on the bottom. Works out fine so far! Eventually we hope to finish our basement, though, and put another bedroom or two down there because I think my oldest one would benefit from having a little bit more of his own space as he gets older. However, overall they have a great time in there together and it's not a problem at all.
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
ChrisandAmanda
Registered Users
seller

We have 6 children. Boys are 10, 8, 4, 2, and 6 wks. And 1 DD who is 6. We have a 4 bedroom house but the oldest 4 room together BY CHOICE We have tried to seperate them. But theres no point. They all migrate to 1 room so that they are all together when I wake. So I moved all their beds into one room. My 2 yo and 6 week old cosleep / bedshare with us.
ChrisandAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote